Mesa 7i76E - Low Voltage From Field Output TB6

More
09 Sep 2023 10:45 - 09 Sep 2023 10:51 #280327 by Lethal69GTO
I implemented the Run/Step Hold /Resume as discussed here LINKY without issue.  Works great, thank you to the contributors.

My issue is the Fuji 24V LED momentary NO push buttons ( AR22F0L-10E3GZA sample ) in my "pendant" are not illuminating to full intensity but are rather dim and flashy-like.
I have checked the Mesa 7i76E TB6 output pins they are connected to and there is only 5V present.

Power to field is as shown in attachment image.

I understood field output should be 24V.  Am I correct?  Is so, aside from trying TB5 output pins, are there any recommendations to diagnose and correct the insufficient voltage being supplied to the LEDs of my switches?

I know the 24V PSU is good; measured its output, the Mesa board boots up fine, TB1 field power is 24V, and my proximity sensors are receiving and returning the proper 24V voltage to TB6 input pins via 6-way proximity switch terminal block.  Amperage however, was not measured.

Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Sep 2023 10:51 by Lethal69GTO. Reason: Corrected my grammar. Corrected system extending link URL made during first edit session.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2023 15:12 #280334 by PCW
It may not be the issue but It looks like you do not have field power
applied to TB1 but rather VIN (TB1 pin5) . Field power is supplied to TB1 pins 1 to 4
VIN should be connected if W1 is in the left hand position but its not suggestd
to power all the outputs VIA TB1 pin 5

More
09 Sep 2023 20:28 #280347 by Lethal69GTO

It may not be the issue but It looks like you do not have field power
applied to TB1 but rather VIN (TB1 pin5) . Field power is supplied to TB1 pins 1 to 4
VIN should be connected if W1 is in the left hand position but its not suggestd
to power all the outputs VIA TB1 pin 5

Appreciate the response.

Inspected my system and low-and-behold, not to the diagram after all.  W1 is jumped left.  TB3 Pin 22 +24VDC (3rd from top) branched to TB1 Pin 1 (bottom-most pin).  TB3 Pin 23 GND (2nd from top) branched to TB1 Pin 8 (top-most pin).  I do have power to field, don't believe my proximity switches would be working if I did not.

So with that resolved, the question now is...  I am using TB6 Pin 17 to send the illumination power to Pause button LED, Pin 18 to Run button LED, and Pin 19 to Stop button per the referenced implementation hyperlink but they are only receiving 5VDC.  Do I need to trigger a relay to supply the 24VDC?  I was hoping not have to go that route as space is getting to be a premium in the enclosure and really hoping that the Mesa board was the simplest and easy route.

More
09 Sep 2023 23:32 #280356 by PCW
No, the outputs should supply +field power (24V in this case)
relative to field power GND when on. Did you measure the outputs
at the 7I76E relative to TB1 pin 8?

More
10 Sep 2023 23:46 #280441 by Lethal69GTO
Got it working, it was the GND. Full LED intensity and no flashing. Appreciate your help.

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds