Tool measurement problem

More
12 Sep 2023 11:06 #280531 by Özkarhan
Hello. I am struggling with a problem that i don't think i am capable to solve. The problem is described below.
First of all, i have an .ngc file. When i start this file from the first line, all commands work well. But when i try to start from a random line that contains T<n> command, the machine does some wird moves, even tries to harm itself. I am using this tool-probe.ngc file in my system.

O<tool-probe> SUB
( Filename: tool-probe.ngc )
( LinuxCNC Tool Probe Routine - modification of Tool-Change subroutine version 1.1 - forum.linuxcnc.org/10-advanced-configura...off?limit=6&start=38 )
( In the LinuxCNC .ini config file, under the [RS274NGC] section add: )
( # change/add/use SUBROUTINE_PATH to point to the location where these tool-change subroutines are located: )
( SUBROUTINE_PATH = /home/pocketnc/linuxcnc/nc_files/subroutines )
( REMAP=M654 modalgroup=6 ngc=tool-probe )
( In the LinuxCNC .hal config file, map some input pin to be the probe input, e.g.: )
( net toolProbe => motion.probe-input )
( net toolProbe <= bb_gpio.p9.in-22 )
( )
( Usage: M654 <tool number> will probe the current tool and store the measured tool offset to the provided tool number )
( )
( General theory of operation: Moves tool to safe position to swap out the tool. Press start button to move the )
( loaded tool over the probe sensor and then touch off against it. Using the Z value when the probe sensor is triggered, )
( the tool offset is calculated and saved to the tool offset of the provided tool number. )
( The distance from the B plate to the origin must be stored in the OriginOffset variable below. The ProbeSensor123Offset )
( variable must be set to Zprobe - Z123, where Zprobe is the Z value when the probe sensor is triggered using an arbitrary tool )
( and Z123 is the Z value of that same tool just touching a 123 block with the 3 inch side is against the B plate rotated 90 )
( degrees in A. )
( )

(
CONFIGURATION PARAMETERS
)
#<_UseInches> = 0 ( set to 1 to use inches here, or 0 to use millimeters; should match units on tool.tbl dimensions )
#<_TravelZ> = 0.0 ( machine Z coordinate for travelling, typically near max Z to avoid ever hitting the work )
#<_TravelFeed> = 1000 ( feedrate used for general Z moves when avoiding G0 )
#<_ProbeSensor123Offset> = #<_ini[TOOL_PROBE]PROBE_SENSOR_123_OFFSET> ( distance from probe sensor trigger to 123 block, Zprobe - Z123)
#<_OriginOffset> = #<_ini[TOOL_PROBE]PROBE_B_TABLE_OFFSET> ( distance from B plate to origin, aka the center of rotation )
#<_ProbeX> = #<_ini[TOOL_PROBE]PROBE_X> ( machine X coordinate of switch/touch-off plate )
#<_ProbeY> = #<_ini[TOOL_PROBE]PROBE_Y> ( machine Y coordinate of switch/touch-off plate )
#<_ProbeA> = #<_ini[TOOL_PROBE]PROBE_A> ( machine A coordinate of switch/touch-off plate )
#<_ProbeFastZ> = 0.0 ( machine Z coord to move to before starting probe, longest tool should not touch switch at this Z )
#<_ProbeMinZ> = -82.55 ( machine Z coord to stop probe, shortest tool must touch switch at this Z, must be > min Z )
#<_ProbeRetract> = 3 ( small distance to retract before approaching switch/touch-off plate second time )
#<_ProbeFastFeed> = 1000 ( feed rate for moving to _ProbeFastZ )
#<_ProbeFeed1> = 500 ( feed rate for touching switch/touch-off plate first time )
#<_ProbeFeed2> = 50 ( feed rate for touching switch/touch-off plate second time )
#<_ToolChangeX> = -43.18 ( machine X coordinate to pause at for manual tool changing )
#<_ToolChangeY> = 0.0 ( machine Y coordinate to pause at for manual tool changing )
#<_ToolChangeA> = 0.0 ( machine A coordinate to pause at for manual tool changing )
(
)

M70 ( save current modal state )

M5 ( turn off spindle, cannot be on during the probe )
G[21 - #<_UseInches>] ( use inches or millimeters as required here, units will be restored on return )
G30.1 ( save current position in #5181-#5185... )
G49 ( clear tool length compensation )
G90 ( use absolute positioning here )
G94 ( use feedrate in units/min )
G40 ( turn cutter radius compensation off here )

G53 G1 F[#<_TravelFeed>] Z[#<_TravelZ>] ( go to high travel level on Z )
O1 IF [ #<_ini[POCKETNC]PAUSE_ON_TOOL_PROBE> NE 0 ]
G53 G0 X[#<_ToolChangeX>] ( to tool change location )

;py,this.execute("(debug, Load tool %s, then press cycle/start.)" % (int(this.params["T"]),))

T[#<T>]
M0
O1 ENDIF

G53 G0 X[#<_ProbeX>] ( to tool probe location )
G53 G0 Y[#<_ProbeY>]
G53 G0 A[#<_ProbeA>]

G53 G1 F[#<_ProbeFastFeed>] Z[#<_ProbeFastZ>]( move tool closer to switch -- we shouldn't hit it )
G54 G1 F[#<_ProbeFeed1>] G91 ( use relative positioning )

G38.2 Z[#<_ProbeMinZ> - #<_ProbeFastZ>] F[#<_ProbeFeed1>] ( trip switch slowly )
G0 Z[#<_ProbeRetract>] ( go up slightly )
G38.2 Z[#<_ProbeRetract>*-1.25] F[#<_ProbeFeed2>] ( trip switch very slowly )
G90 ( use absolute positioning )
#<_ToolZProbe> = [#5063 + #5223] ( save trip point )

G10 L1 P[#<T>] Z[-76.2+#<_OriginOffset>+#<_ToolZProbe>-#<_ProbeSensor123Offset>]

G53 G1 F[#<_TravelFeed>] Z[#<_TravelZ>] ( return to safe level )
G53 G0 A[#5184]
G53 G0 Y[#5182] ( return to where we were in X Y A)
G53 G0 X[#5181] ( return to where we were in X Y A)
G53 G1 F[#<_TravelFeed>] Z[#5183] ( return to where we were in Z )
M72 ( restore modal state )

O<tool-change> ENDSUB

I want to learn is there bug or issues related to this problem? is it about the version or this tool-probe.ngc file? I think if starting from random line feature is given to me, i should be able to start from any line in ngc file but like i told, i am seeing some weird moves.

Here is my steps:
I have looked at the tool-probe.ngc file first. I discovered there is a problem with the command specified below:
>
G10 L1 P[#<T>] Z[-76.2+#<_OriginOffset>+#<_ToolZProbe>-#<_ProbeSensor123Offset>]
I will be very happy if I can find answers to solve my problem. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.209 seconds