No arc voltage

More
18 Sep 2023 20:04 #281101 by Jdog
No arc voltage was created by Jdog
Hi again,
Hoping someone can steer me in the right direction. I successfully installed Plasmac (i think) and when testing torch on or running a test cut my torch fires and axis all move however i do not get any arc voltage readings. It just reads zero on main screen. I checked wiring and changed a few things with no success and I'm back to square one. I'm using an Everlast cutter for now with divided arc voltage selected. The other thing i noticed is after a test cut the thc up light comes on and moves my z axis all the way up until it hits the soft limit and machine turns off. After this happens i cannot repeat a test cut without closing out of program and re-starting.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Sep 2023 23:18 #281114 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic No arc voltage
Most probably, wrong polarity on the THCAD input.
Are you using THCAD?
What board?
More info?

More
19 Sep 2023 00:16 #281121 by Jdog
Replied by Jdog on topic No arc voltage
I am using thcad 10 with 7i76e. I will double check polarity and verify. Thanks

More
19 Sep 2023 00:18 #281123 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic No arc voltage
Did you set the scaling and offset ?
Although, even without setting those it should show voltage values on screen, usually something negative.

More
19 Sep 2023 01:53 #281127 by Jdog
No i haven't touched those. it was at 1.000000 voltage scale and 0.000 voltage offset default setting I'm guessing. This is the stuff where I'm lost with these settings. I did check polarity and it is correct according to the everlast manual pin outs and the + - connections at the thcad

More
19 Sep 2023 10:11 #281148 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic No arc voltage
the two basic things to check. Is the light on the thcad flashing? does it get faster if you connect a 9 volt battery?
If not fault is in the wiring to the THCAD
Next, is the encoder velocity pin hovering around 3800 at zero volts and is it a  positive number? 
If negative, change the encoder scale.
If it is a static number, you have a wiring priblem between the thcad and the mesa card.

Finally, note that when the Everlast is set to 16:1 divider, the thcad sees it as 24:1 (1.5x multiplier). This is because the thcad thinks the everlast voltage divider resistors belong to it. But it is a good range for the machine.(240v max scale)
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
19 Sep 2023 17:11 #281174 by Jdog
Hi Rod, The light is flashing and it flashes quicker when connecting 9 volts. How do i test the encoder velocity pin? The values on the back of my thcad are 0v 117.4 10v 940.2 and I tried setting scale 0.2916869227. Would this be correct. Sorry I'm not very well versed when it comes to this and the only help i can find is on this forum

More
22 Sep 2023 12:23 #281368 by rodw
you need to open halshow  and watch the mesa encoder velocity pin.

More
04 Oct 2023 23:51 #282325 by Jdog
So it turns out I'm not getting any voltage at the cnc port on my everlast. I read on other forums of multiple users having the same issue. Most have gone right to the main leads inside the machine for raw arc voltage. Would there be any issues with doing this. Thanks

More
05 Oct 2023 07:08 #282344 by rodw
That sounds odd to me. There are already wires that take raw voltage up to the voltage divider and the divider board is only a bunch of resistors.

You have not confirmed that you can see a velocity changing in halshow. Please do that before you do anything before you do any rewiring.

Time to create page: 0.222 seconds