NVUM V2 USB, Remora and LinuxCNC

More
02 Oct 2023 07:43 #282048 by manager12345
Hello everyone I have an NVUM V2 USB board and it is configured for Mach3. But there was a need to switch to Linux CNC. I wanted to find out from experts if I could flash such a board on Remora for LinuxCNC and whether such a system would work at all?
In order for you to understand more, a simulator \ simulator for training is going to be built, and you need to make an operator panel and the movement of the machine and the compilation of its G\M code will be shown on the screen itself. The board is needed in order to perform the basic functions of the CNC machine in the form of a simulator.
Tell me, please, will such a system work? And are there any solutions to make it work?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2023 08:43 #282050 by meister
you need no extra hardware if you only want a simulation of linuxcnc

More
02 Oct 2023 09:05 - 02 Oct 2023 09:20 #282052 by manager12345
I know that linuxcnc has it all and it is possible to implement the simulation of the machine movement itself, but I need to implement the simulation of the operator panel itself so that, for example, the LEDs light up when the spindle is cooled or the stop button is pressed. Therefore, I need a controller that will perform these functions. Or can it be implemented somehow without a controller? If possible, can you tell me which way to dig? Or throw off a ready-made project with a story about how it was implemented? Or is there any operating system that allows you to work with boards on USB ports? And I would also like to clarify whether it is possible to connect NVUM V2 USB so that it performs the actions that I listed above? Or will you still need Ethernet NVUM?
Last edit: 02 Oct 2023 09:20 by manager12345.

More
02 Oct 2023 12:52 #282061 by meister
i'm not sure, but i think you need Ethernet or an Raspberry with SPI.
or maybe only a raspberry and LED's on the GPIO port

More
02 Oct 2023 13:58 #282064 by cakeslob
you can do a simulation with out any hardware, look at the sample configs in linuxcnc config/sim, they have several simulation where no hardware is used.
if you need to use physical hardware, you will need to set something up.

the usb board is probably not supported, but you can ask in they thread, they will know more

www.forum.linuxcnc.org/18-computer/44828...cnc-board?start=1170

More
02 Oct 2023 16:19 #282071 by manager12345
It turns out that in order to implement an operator simulator, only one raspeberry without mesa can be suitable? I also want to clarify with you that nvum/nvem with ethernet is suitable for this project?

More
02 Oct 2023 16:21 #282073 by manager12345
Okay, I'll address them. Thank you!

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds