Run From Here !

More
08 Nov 2023 14:05 #284868 by ClarkSavage
Run From Here ! was created by ClarkSavage
First - can't find my previous posts. No topics under my name!

Ok, issue is RUN FROM HERE quit working after my upgrade to 2.8 and I just installed 2.9 - still doesn't work. Returns to First code line when I try to us it - and no way to restart from the line I wish without editing the file by deleting all the lines already run and then loading and running.
Anyone else? Any workarounds? I see a lot in the past - but nothing about it in later posts and I searched for it - and find nothing in the search. I can't even finds the old ones unless I use google search which finds them at Linuxcnc.org

Looking for a fix and/or suggestions [other than the obvious ones

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2023 18:20 #284888 by tommylight
Replied by tommylight on topic Run From Here !
forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/5003...d-to-7i92-too#280564
-
Try this:
left click on line you want to run from, then right click and choose "run from her"
Obvious, but caught me more than once.

More
09 Nov 2023 11:17 #284934 by ClarkSavage
Replied by ClarkSavage on topic Run From Here !
Thanks Tommy, but yes, left clicking first - tried various lines - but will expand based on reply so that we are completely on same page:
  1. hit escape key
  2. move axis and do what I want to - such as cut down/away a standing ridge to stop possible chatter at edge of cut area or whatever
  3. select line with left click [always stop at and select a line that starts with Zxx.xx so restarts from an above workpiece - no collision]
  4. right click on selected line select "run from here"
  5. goes to first line
  6. escape key
  7. left click
  8. select another line
  9. right click select "run from here"
  10. goes to first line
  11. repeat steps 6-11 over and over and over......
did something change - such as being able to hit escape and then "run from here" selecting?

Thanks much

More
09 Nov 2023 12:22 #284937 by tommylight
Is this a mill?
Does starting from beginning work?
So run from is working, the execution of gcode stops, probably dues to "spindle at speed" not being true.
Try entering M3 S3000 or whatever rpm your spindle works at in MDI before running from here, that might work.

More
09 Nov 2023 14:04 #284943 by ClarkSavage
It is a mill. It is currently running a router for wood work. I intend to change out to a spindle soon. Clarifying - Been using the same setup for over five years, never had this issue before - have NOT changed my setup CAM profile - only change is since update to 2.8 when issue began and then as stated 2.9 update a few day before my first post about this figuring maybe it would fix itself. Using MeshCAM and DeskProto for the CAM G-Code generation depending on what I am doing - same issue using both. I - obvious - updated to Bookworm a few months ago to update from the 2.7 branch. One other item is the monitor can no longer be set to 1920x1080 stuck using 1200x after bookworm. Just throwing that in for sanity - is a pain too, tried all the video drivers, different display managers......qt...no resolution but ok I can live with that for now. the "run from here" is a larger pain.

I have at the beginning of code a few lines which run the router over to a position and then M6 so I can change bits - this is my "bit change" inserted into the code whenever a tool change is required and at start just for piece of mind [reminder to check] - no changes to the profile for G-Code generation in over three years.

I begin a program, it may be 100k+ lines, at some pint - usually more than 5,000 lines run but let's say the G0 Z4.5 above stock is at line 5,000, I then do what I stated - "escape" then do my moves, then left click on line 5,000, right click on line 5,000, select "run from here", goes back to the very first line of code - starts over from the beginning. every time, on all out putted ngc's not just one.

Will do the suggested M3 S3000 in MDI lines and try just for the sake of it even though is a router.

Will keep playing here to, will post if I find any solution - even if it's my fault. Would rather all knew what happens. Wondering why no one else has posted this issue?

More
09 Nov 2023 22:45 #284988 by tommylight
I use 2.10 mostly, but on this PC luckily i am still on 2.9, it works, just had a go at it, no issues.
Did i ask, what GUI?
I tested Axis.

More
10 Nov 2023 11:06 #285020 by ClarkSavage
Thanks again - Axis for me too. Must be something messed up somewhere then. Will keep playing and if I figure it out will post the solution.

Do appreciate the attempt and time spent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
16 Dec 2023 04:34 - 16 Dec 2023 04:36 #288292 by JohnR
Replied by JohnR on topic Run From Here !
Hi...

My first post but a long time and happy LInuxCNC user. Running Bookworm and LinuxCNC 2.9.1 and Axis on my home milling machine. I have the same problem. Not sure when it started, not often that I need to use the "run from here" function. Very interested in what solution you come up with. Cheers!
Last edit: 16 Dec 2023 04:36 by JohnR.

More
16 Dec 2023 08:50 #288305 by Aciera
Replied by Aciera on topic Run From Here !
'Run From Here' is broken in Version 2.9.1 and will be fixed in the next point release:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/issues/2771

The fix is simple enough:
github.com/LinuxCNC/linuxcnc/commit/a15c...509fdb837920aa7c8d2f

Note if you want to patch your installation yourself you would want to modify 'bin/axis.py'
The following user(s) said Thank You: Unlogic

More
16 Dec 2023 10:02 #288309 by JohnR
Replied by JohnR on topic Run From Here !
Many thanks for the prompt reply... much appreciated.

I'll check out the links but good to hear there is a fix in the pipeline and it's not me fumbling around in the weeds. Again, thanks!

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds