how to control the SPINDELMOTOR ISA 900 W 477009 with Linuxcnc

More
11 Nov 2023 15:01 #285103 by anna
Hello everyone, I own the SPINDELMOTOR ISA 900 W 477009 33245 ( www.isel.com/en/spindle-motor-isa-900.html ) along with its FREQUENCY CONVERTERS ( www.isel.com/en/frequency-converter.html ). I'm interested in controlling it using LinuxCNC. I possess two boards of a 5 Axis CNC Breakout Board with Optical Coupler for Stepper Motor Driver MACH3 ( www.aliexpress.com/item/32796933346.html ). My query is whether it is possible to control the spindle motor speed to achieve a precise number of revolutions and, if so, how can I achieve this? Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Nov 2023 17:13 #285116 by tommylight
No double posting.
The other topic deleted.

More
11 Nov 2023 18:15 #285122 by besriworld
Yes, usually any inverter can be controlled with 0-10v .. but it's not precise control :)

Attachments:

More
11 Nov 2023 19:31 #285128 by anna
Thank you for your response, but I'm having difficulty understanding how to connect the inputs and outputs of the encoder to this board. Perhaps this is the key to achieving greater precision in obtaining feedback from the encoder and controlling its speed by sending a signal to the frequency converter. However, I'm unsure of the specific steps. Do you have any suggestions or ideas on how to proceed?

More
11 Nov 2023 21:25 #285133 by besriworld
I don't think you need to know the exact speed of the spindle.
This driver is unknown to me. If there is vector control you should be able to connect the encoder to the driver.
The parallel port comes with many limitations.

If you want greater stability and capabilities of the controller, consider changing the controller. Did you see the Mesa boards
The following user(s) said Thank You: anna

More
11 Nov 2023 22:16 #285139 by tommylight

My query is whether it is possible to control the spindle motor speed to achieve a precise number of revolutions and, if so, how can I achieve this? Thank you.

Yes, LinuxCNC can do very precise spindle control, but you will need a Mesa card for that with an A/B/Z encoder as that makes it possible to do synchronized motion and rigid tapping.
Using a parallel port does limit encoder readings a lot, using cheap Mach3 BOB's limits that even further.

but I'm having difficulty understanding how to connect the inputs and outputs of the encoder to this board.

Any input will do just fine, there are 5 on a parallel port set at "Mode out", that is the usual mode.
-
Not sure but it just might be possible to have good speed control with just one input using a simple sensor to just count once or twice per revolution, but this will not do for rigid tapping.
The following user(s) said Thank You: anna

More
12 Nov 2023 12:47 #285161 by anna
Yes, I have come across the Mesa card, and I am considering working with it, particularly the 7I76. However, in this scenario, do I still require the frequency converter, or can I continue to use it since I already have it? If the latter is possible, how can I connect both the frequency converter and the motor to the Mesa card?

More
12 Nov 2023 15:51 #285171 by tommylight
Im Deutch bitte.
I have a feeling the translation is getting messed up somewhere, or...

More
15 Nov 2023 16:48 #285527 by anna
Oh, danke! Ich habe von Mesa-Karten gehört, bin mir aber unsicher, welche davon die beste Wahl ist. Haben Sie vielleicht eine Idee, welche am besten geeignet wäre?

More
Time to create page: 0.293 seconds