Spindle and motion do not work at the same time, both work independently

More
15 Dec 2023 06:09 - 15 Dec 2023 17:20 #288184 by reBrick
I do not have any idea what is going on. I had everything working then updated my configs to get a laser working. I have ditched the laser and can't get the spindle working again even using my previously working configs. I am thinking it may be a wiring issue, but I even tried swapping BOB's with another machine and the behavior is the same.

Hal watch parport looks fine. Steppers all work fine until the spindle is activated. I can home, then start a job and the steppers don't move while the spindle is running. I can pause the job and turn off the spindle and resume the job and the motion works without the spindle.

I have tried process of elimination by removing all connections from the pwm pins and that doesn't affect it. 

commenting out the following line is the only thing that results in motion working when spindle is enabled (but then the spindle doesn't spin anyway)...

net spindle-cmd-rpm     <= spindle.0.speed-out

Edit: Motion fails whether or not VFD is plugged in.

One of my other configs causes loud pwm sound coming from somewhere other than VFD I haven't pinpointed.

I have been trying to get this working over multiple days now. I appreciate anyone talking the time to give me some pointers on diagnosing or resolving this issue.
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 Dec 2023 17:20 by reBrick.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2023 18:07 #288249 by reBrick
I want to add the other configuration that I had mentioned. In this case the motors and spindle work simultaneously, but the motors are not smooth and the PWM signal can be heard coming from the steppers. I have disconnected the signal wires from the stepper drivers and confirmed the pwm sound is coming from the all of the stepper motors.

File Attachment:

File Name: my-mill_20...15-2.ini
File Size:4 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: my-mill_20...15-2.hal
File Size:4 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: postgui_ca...15-2.hal
File Size:0 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: vfd-pwm_20...2-15.hal
File Size:1 KB
Attachments:

More
15 Dec 2023 18:49 #288258 by reBrick
Oh boy. I wired enable to pwm pin 1.

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds