Steps required to actually get table to move?

More
22 Jan 2024 00:24 #291294 by slowpoke
This is my first time getting LinuxCNC up and running.

What I have done so far:

1) Installed ball screws and mated servos to ball screws.
2) Wired up servos, powered and tuned servo using servo tuning software.
3) Connected step and direction signals from MESA 7I95T to servo driver
4) Installed LinuxCNC under Debian.
5) Read through the Getting Started document, some of it is not crystal clear, but I think I'm ready to go to the next step. I have downloaded the Integrator manual, plan to try Axis for a GUI. I think the next step (this is fuzzy) is to customize a copy of Axis by possibly editing .hal files in "my copy" of Axis to describe my  hardware. I'm not sure if that's correct or how I would go about it?

I can read through the 300 odd pages of the integrator manual, but if I had a road map of what I should be doing it would be helpful. Does it sound like I'm on right  track? if not what should I read or do next?

Thanks in advance.

power and step and direction
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2024 01:00 #291296 by tommylight
Try using the MesaCT wizard to make a config for it:
forum.linuxcnc.org/27-driver-boards/51384-mesa-ct-2-1-1
Download here
github.com/jethornton/mesact/releases
-
Here is a config for 7i95 (not 7i95T although it should work by just adding T in the ini file) for a plasma machine with step/dir and encoder feedback, so if you do not have encoders you might need to omit the corresponding lines.
4 joints, 3 axis, floating switch, Mesa THCAD, so you might also need to change the mode if that is a THC in the picture.
Attachments:

More
26 Jan 2024 21:28 #291687 by slowpoke
I'm inching towards getting MESA 7i95t configured.

I downloaded MesaCT from the link above, and then double clicked on the .deb file (perhaps that's not the correct thing to do?) anyways I get this error.

I also tried (and I think at least partially succeeded) in configuring the ETHERNET connection to the 7i95T using ETHERNET connections, following your Mesa Ethernet setup thread. Ethernet connections seems to recognize that there  is something at 10.10.10.10 and I get a response with mesaflash --addr 10.10.10.10 --help, however if I enter mesaflash --addr 10.10.10.10 --readhmid I get a No action requested. Please specify at least --device

FYI the name I gave to this connection in Network connections is MESA_7I95T

Suggestions please?

Attachments:

More
26 Jan 2024 22:06 #291690 by PCW
mesaflash --device 7i95t --addr 10.10.10.10 --readhmid
The following user(s) said Thank You: slowpoke

Time to create page: 0.537 seconds