touch probe install

More
10 Mar 2024 00:00 #295544 by garja
touch probe install was created by garja
I'm progressing along with my setup with the help of this forum. I'm setting up a Chinese touch probe which has two stages. First stage triggers the tool height and the second stage works as an endstop. Despite the manual being in Chinese, I was able to get the probe working on pin 9 and selected "Probe In" for the pin. I've confirmed in Halshow that the NC is working properly. I can't find anything that gives me any step-by-step instructions as to what my next steps are. I've watched some YouTube videos where they show a touch_pate_ini and a touch_plate_hal but my pncconf wizzard did not create either of those two files? If I had those files, maybe, and I mean maybe I could follow the rest of the video and get my touch probe working. I've searched through the manuals installed with Linuxcnc and can't find anything there.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Mar 2024 09:06 #295565 by Wieser
Replied by Wieser on topic touch probe install
The names of the ini and hal files is not relevant. If you want to you can create a hal file named "touch_plate" and add it to the postgui_call_list.hal file. 
Alternatively, you can just write it in your existing hal. I wrote it in the custom_postgui.hal, but I think it can be also written in your main hal file.
What you need is this pin: motion.probe-input

I connected my touch probe using a debounce. (not strictly necessary)

net Tastsignal hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.0.input-00-not => debounce.0.0.in
net Taster_debounced debounce.0.0.out => motion.probe-input

This is used for my touch probe, but as far as I understand, linuxcnc has only one input for tool touch off probe and workpiece probe.

To use both you would use an or2 to route both inputs into the “motion.probe-input”
At least that’s what I will try, as I received the same tool probe with a Chinese manual yesterday.

More
10 Mar 2024 14:19 #295575 by garja
Replied by garja on topic touch probe install
Perfect! Thanks Wieser. Good luck with your probe.

More
20 Mar 2024 17:57 #296403 by garja
Replied by garja on topic touch probe install
Were you able to connect your probe? I'm going to have to return mine and get a replacement. The emergency stop works when fully depressed but the tool sensing doesn't trigger. I'm wondering if you had 4 wires, red, black, green and yellow. Per the vendors instructions, the wires were to connect as follows:

Black: 24 volt positive
Green: Negative
Yellow: input pin for tool height
Red: Estop

If your wire colors match mine, I'd be interested to know if you used the same wiring the vendor provided.

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds