Hardware Recommendation

More
28 Mar 2024 11:35 #296985 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Hardware Recommendation
I get it! Its a big machine so you do need wireless. But you should not consider  USB.
I would look at this pendant which has a 433 Mhz receiver and designed for industrial use. Pair it with an external antenna at the receiver end.
www.wixhc.cn/product/433mhz-manual-pulse-generator
Unfortunately, you still end up with those 20 odd wires but they are contained in the control box.
These work really well with a Mesa card that has  a MPG input built in (eg 7i76e etc). For Ethercat, you would need an encoder input which are pretty costly. Note the Estop is  dual circuit so designed to work with a safety relay.
There is a fair bit of custom hal code to get these going.

Note Ethercat adds an additional layer of complexity to a linuxcnc build and it was hard work when I built my machine. But it is a lot eaiser today with efforts from myself, Scott Laird and others...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2024 22:39 #297042 by LCR
Replied by LCR on topic Hardware Recommendation
At a minimum I will tie a wire to my pendent, and hot glue and E-Stop button.
About the choice of going EtherCat, if I stick to a system that advertises cia402 adherence, should LinuxCNC be able to control the drives, without me writing code, has the hard work been done?

More
29 Mar 2024 06:29 #297064 by rodw
Replied by rodw on topic Hardware Recommendation
Cia402 is definitely the way to go.You can follow my basic cia402 example for the Rtelligent ECT60/86 drives. github.com/rodw-au/linuxcnc-cia402
Note that there are two xml files that include a config for a Rtelligent I/O module and another cheaper and more basic deiwu I/O module.
I like the Rtelligent as they are well documented for a Chinese drive and now include servos in their range (Which I have not played with). Another drive we played with only had a couople of registers but we got it moving.
The Deiwu I/O one was built based on output from the ethercat pdos command.

Note that for ethercat, you have to build your config in a text editor as there is no config tool. Having a basic config like I have shared gives you the framework. There was a time when there was no support in pncconf for a lot of cards (like the 7i76e  I started with)

More
01 Apr 2024 15:39 #297377 by LCR
Replied by LCR on topic Hardware Recommendation
Well I received an apparently detailed manual from www.lichuanservomotor.com. It's 83 pages, and in English.
Unfortunately it is 9MB+ so I can't upload it. About 350CDN delilvered.

EtherCAT Lichuan Servo Kit 750W 2.39Nm Servomotor EtherCAT For CNC Multiple Axis, Easy wiring, With 3 meter Cables

www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006702561572...arch%7Cquery_from%3A

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds