ignore alarm caused with following error

More
01 Apr 2024 17:18 #297387 by Gile65
 On the machine where I'm conducting a retrofit on the control system (a pipe bending machine), along the x-axis, there's the influence of hydraulics that bend the pipe. The pipe is brought closer using an AC servo into the bending tool. When the hydraulics start bending, I have to turn off the servo drive for the X-axis because the hydraulics are much stronger. The hydraulics move the x-axis via the pipe (while the drive is off), triggering an alarm (following error) that shuts down everything, including the hydraulics. For now, I'm solving the problem by cutting off the power to the encoder, which returns the X-axis position to the PID. This creates a new problem because the displacement along the X-axis is not measured during bending.
So, I want to ignore the alarm (following error) for the X-axis at the moment when I turn off the drive for the motor on that axis.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2024 17:29 - 01 Apr 2024 17:30 #297388 by PCW
One way to do this is to loop back the commanded position
to the feedback position when you want to ignore the feedback
position. This can be done in the hal file with the mux2 component.

The mux2 component is basically a 2 position selector switch.

In this case one mux2 input would be the feedback position,
and the other mux2 input would be the commanded position.
The mux2 select pin would connect to the same signal you use
to disable the servo drive.
Last edit: 01 Apr 2024 17:30 by PCW.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gile65

More
01 Apr 2024 17:32 #297389 by Aciera
You can also adjust the Ferror values through hal pins:
linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man1/milltask.1.html
The pins are available after the gui has started up and the changed values will be active after a queuebuster like (M66 E0 L0)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gile65

More
07 Apr 2024 18:57 #297762 by Gile65
The first idea isn't very clear to me(commanded position), but the second one is okay. By raising the value of Ferror above the expected value of movment, I avoid the 'following error', and when I return to a new position with G0, I reset Ferror to its normal value again.
Thank You Aciera

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds