Linuxcnc keeps the port connected when exiting

More
17 Apr 2024 23:31 #298511 by Thayloreing
Good evening my friends, I'm using a parallel port, and I have a problem that when I close Linuxcnc the last ports that were activated continue to be activated even with Linuxcnc closed, when I open Linuxcnc again it turns off the outputs correctly, is there any way of doing this? reset all outputs when it is closed? I'm using Linuxcnc 2.9.2 on Debian 10 with the parallel port that comes on the motherboard. can you help me?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Apr 2024 00:33 #298517 by tommylight
Best way would be to use a charge pump, can be easily made with a resistor, two capacitors and a darlington transistor, but will probably require rewiring.
There might be a way to reset the parallel port by editing the shutdown.hal file and adding ... probably just
loadrt hal_parport cfg="0x0378 out", just not sure if the driver will be unloaded before loading it again by this.
Still, easy enough to give it a try...

More
18 Apr 2024 01:20 #298521 by Thayloreing
Can you explain to me how I can make changes to this file? I'm new to Linuxcnc.

More
18 Apr 2024 11:24 #298550 by cornholio
The following user(s) said Thank You: Thayloreing

More
19 Apr 2024 21:15 #298671 by Thayloreing
the shutdown didn't work for me, the outputs still remained connected when closing Linuxcnc, and the charge pump will not be viable, the electrical is ready, in the last case I will try it, but there is no way to edit the .axisrc for when Linuxcnc asks If I want to exit and press yes, it turns off all outputs before

More
19 Apr 2024 21:25 #298673 by tommylight
Something like
setp parport.0.reset
in shutdown.hal might work, but not sure of the exact pin/command name is or would have to be, sorry no parallel port here to try. That might also need a value or true...

More
19 Apr 2024 23:41 #298687 by Thayloreing
I tried everything, but I think the shutdown didn't work, is there any other way? I will have to change the electrics on my machine then

More
19 Apr 2024 23:44 #298688 by tommylight
Did you add the shutdown.hal entry to the ini file?

More
20 Apr 2024 13:16 - 20 Apr 2024 13:17 #298725 by Thayloreing
yes I did,
SHUTDOWN = shutdown.hal
then I added it inside the shutdown.hal

loadrt hal_parport.0.reset 1

setp parport.0.pin-17-out-reset 1
Last edit: 20 Apr 2024 13:17 by Thayloreing.

More
29 Apr 2024 16:31 #299324 by Thayloreing
Good afternoon, I came to ask for help once again, a while ago in this post I asked a question and they told me the charge pump, I have some doubts, I saw in the video that they put the link that the charge pump activates a relay, so that Would this relay be exactly? I saw the video, but I don't speak English, I translate everything, then I didn't understand much because I couldn't translate

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds