Foundational questions about my setup

More
03 May 2024 05:46 #299609 by blazini36
I had similar issues with a small PC with Realtek NICs. In my case it was an early board revision and a bios update fixed it. Messing with the NIC drivers and everything else wasn't really helping. Can't say that a bios update would help in your case but you should definately see if something is available or see what bios settings are possible in regards to the NICs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2024 10:29 #299614 by rodw

Small note for anyone in the future, the dkms driver actually made my latency worse and lcnc unusable. I guess I should always test.
following error and a read error almost instantly from hostmot2.

Sorry about that. Very odd it did not work. Its been a while since i tried it.

More
03 May 2024 11:34 #299620 by tommylight
This is the second report of DKMS drivers making things worse, but there are much more reports of succes, so more research is needed.
Balzini makes a valid point about BIOS updates, a while back X570 boards had issues with USB that were fixed with BIOS update.
I made it a habit of updating BIOS on new boards, the amount of stuff that can go wrong in there is frankly staggering. F@ken Microsoft and UEFI.... :)
Then again, having 50 bilion transistors on a 1x1cm space is astonishing!

More
14 May 2024 23:27 #300631 by hachi
I'll take a peek at firmware updates, but the machine is very stable with the in-tree nic driver, idle=poll, and a dedicated cpu for lcnc. All warnings have silenced and I can even record video from two cameras concurrently while lcnc is running with no latency issues.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
15 May 2024 00:29 #300637 by tommylight
That is quite an improvement ! :)

Time to create page: 0.159 seconds