unable to delete Mesact 2.1.3

More
17 Jun 2024 06:27 #303150 by M.adams9093
Hello there, 
I have a problem with my Mesact 2.1.3  when I click to launch the tool, it gives me multiple errors with a message that says to remove and reinstall a new package. The problem I am currently having unable to delete it from the file manager. Every time I right-click on the.deb file and select remove, it won't do anything. my question is how can I delete it from the terminal so I can install the new version 2.1.4. 

thank you 
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jun 2024 08:41 #303159 by cornholio
I'm going to assume you are using Debian as you haven't said you are using something else.

sudo apt-get purge package-name

Generally if you right click on a deb file and select "open with gdebi package manager" it will install over the previous version.

This page may of be of help as well.
www.wikihow.com/Install-DEB-Files

More
18 Jun 2024 10:51 - 18 Jun 2024 10:54 #303246 by JT
Replied by JT on topic unable to delete Mesact 2.1.3
Looks like you're trying to open an ini file, can you attach that file? I don't get any errors here opening an ini file created with Mesa CT.

You can't delete an installed deb with the file manager, as cornholio said you have to right click on the deb and open with gdebi and select Remove Package.

JT
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Jun 2024 10:54 by JT. Reason: add image

More
18 Jun 2024 11:51 #303252 by JT

Hello there, 
I have a problem with my Mesact 2.1.3  when I click to launch the tool, it gives me multiple errors with a message that says to remove and reinstall a new package. The problem I am currently having unable to delete it from the file manager. Every time I right-click on the.deb file and select remove, it won't do anything. my question is how can I delete it from the terminal so I can install the new version 2.1.4. 

thank you 

I have figured out what is causing the error you have an entry in the ini file with no value ie:
DISPLAY = axis < good
TESt < error

JT

More
18 Jun 2024 12:10 #303253 by JT
In Mesa CT 2.1.4 having a malformed ini file with no value is no longer an error it is ignored.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight, cornholio

More
30 Jun 2024 18:13 #304096 by M.adams9093
Thanks for the support,

Apparently, I had an error in my ini file, which is all fixed now and downloaded 2.1.4 version

thank you
The following user(s) said Thank You: JT

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds