Error finishing read! Iter and joint following error in Stepper machine

More
18 Aug 2024 18:13 #308099 by Lcvette

Looks decent (no huge ping times)

sweet, I cannot seem to use any kernel above 6.1.0-13-rt-amd64 or else i get realtime delay warnings, but 6.1.0-13-rt-amd64 seems to be pretty stable and have never seen a latency message. I'm still running the ASROCK H97M Pro4 and pentium G3852 with 16gb ram. i tried isolcpus, but it had a negative effect on IO timing (ATC switches and dumb motor output stopped hitting their target marks and began causing some reliability issues. I do get an odd intermittent motor stutter but its very rare. it will typically occur during homing. ive been trying to figure it out as that abouot the only other issue ive been facing. but eventually i suspect the latency issue and being stuck on 6.1.0-13-rt-amd64 kernel will become an issue.

any thoughts?

Thanks PCW!

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2024 18:18 - 18 Aug 2024 18:42 #308100 by PCW
Motor stutter may be because of too tight DPLL settings coupled with baseline
wander. I would try setting the DPLL pre-read time to say -200 usec.

Using isolcpus should improve the latency. though it may slow down the overall processing
speed some. Unless needed for newer hardware, or there is a specific issue with a kernel version
I don't think I would be concerned with kernel versions
Last edit: 18 Aug 2024 18:42 by PCW.

More
18 Aug 2024 20:38 #308108 by rodw

More
27 Aug 2024 16:56 #308829 by sin-do-re
i actually solved the issue by triggering 2 successive relays to trigger the arc instead of just one. while the first is running field voltage, the other is running 230vac.

the whole system is better after reducing pingtimes.

the table+generator+copper bar is on one ground while the cnc is on another, but this didn't help with the error. the relays did.

Time to create page: 0.334 seconds