Torque mode control to Position (Emergency operating mode)

More
17 Jul 2024 17:28 #305516 by TheRoslyak
Hi everyone
I need to set up an emergency operating mode for the drive. The drive in question is a Delta C2000+. Its nominal power is 55 kW. However, from an external signal source, I receive a signal indicating that the network power is limited to 19 kW.
Despite this, I need to maintain position control. In normal situations, I operate in Position Mode or Interpolated Position Mode and can set a current limit of, say, 110% once. I cannot change the EtherCAT current limit parameter. But I can switch it to Torque Mode and set the current percentage accordingly.
Thus, I have an incremental encoder on the motor and an additional external absolute encoder. Does anyone have any ideas on how to implement a velocity control loop and then position control with this data?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jul 2024 19:05 #305526 by PCW
Typically this would be done with nested PID loops
The inner loop being a velocity control loop and an outer
position loop. If this is a high bandwidth mechanical system
you would likely need to have a 4 KHz or higher servo thread rate.

More
17 Jul 2024 19:50 - 17 Jul 2024 19:51 #305534 by TheRoslyak
Do I understand correctly that for the velocity loop, usually only P and I coefficients with FFC are used? And for the position loop, only P is used?
Last edit: 17 Jul 2024 19:51 by TheRoslyak.

More
17 Jul 2024 21:11 #305540 by PCW
Typically the position loop ( position input, velocity output) will just have P and FF1
The velocity loop (torque output) is usually P,I but the FF term depends on whether
it has velocity in or position in (FF1 for velocity in, FF2 for position in) In the velocity loop
the feed forward terms are inertia dependent

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds