I want to create a VNC in linuxcnc running in raspberry pi 5

More
26 Jul 2024 08:58 #306064 by yathish
Hi, I have tried installing tightvnc and realvnc but iam unable to access the remote desktop of linuxcnc in my windows system. I have installled tightvnc sofware in windows 11 iam getting blank screen. Can anybody can tell me the VNC which supports Linuxcnc ?.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2024 11:16 #306068 by cornholio
I wouldn’t trust Windows anything to pour a glass of water.
But if you must, there has been a changer in one of the vnc apps, can’t remember which, which doesn’t allow a user to login remotely as well as locally. Linuxcnc is just Debian under the hood, nothing special other than Linuxcnc being installed. So any tutorials for Debian bookworm on vnc will be fine (the platform won’t matter). Since the linuxcnc images aren’t based on the Raspbian images any tutorials for the RPI5 using the Raspbian images will not be
what you want.
But before you do anything ensure you have a physical estop if you insist on vnc, cos if you lose your connection you’ve lost control of the machine.

More
26 Jul 2024 18:45 #306114 by ississ
I use tightvnc, never had any issues. Windows 10, so that may be the reason for black screen.
Just follow some guide to setup vnc on debian. And never operate the machine remotely.
Vnc is only useful to sometimes check gcode without going to the garage...
The following user(s) said Thank You: cornholio

More
27 Jul 2024 07:50 - 27 Jul 2024 07:58 #306155 by elovalvo
If your problem is to only view LinuxCNC on Windows and you are not interested in the desktop of the Linux machine I recommend using an X-Terminal like MobaXterm
mobaxterm.mobatek.net/

Alternatively you can see how this new feature works

www.raspberrypi.com/documentation/services/connect.html

Attachments:
Last edit: 27 Jul 2024 07:58 by elovalvo.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds