Keyboard gets unresponsive from time to time

More
28 Jul 2024 13:00 #306230 by geostein8888
Hello,
i just set upo mey new pc with linuxcnc. Everything seems to work correctlly, except the keyboard. From time to time suddenly the keybiadr does not longer work. I can still use the mouse to navigate, this problem ist not only under linuxcnc itself, it affects also all other applications under linux. When i reboot everything is fine again for a while. I already tested multiple keyboards and usb ports.
i could not reproduce the problem, it coms when it has the desire for it.

to be sure its not because of the power supplies for the stepper drivers, i switched them comletely off

perhaps its a problem with the rt kernel, but i could not found something about that there are only people who have problem with the keyboard under linuxcnc but the other applications are noit effected

my configuration: microatx board with intel i5, 16GB ram, onboard graphics pcix parallel portcard und parallel bob with 4 attached axis - latest linuxcnc iso image is used

Georg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2024 18:40 #306262 by rodw
This could be caused by faulty hardware somewhere causing spurious interrupts that consume CPU time.
I am not sure how to troubleshoot that except changing the PC.
You have a lot more ram than needed. 4 GB is fine. Perhaps try removing some in case it is at fault.

More
28 Jul 2024 21:06 #306278 by geostein8888
Hello,
parallel to the linuxcnc i use also windows on the same machine in conjunction with Estlcam and the Estlcam Board (i have still many Estlcam projects i use), here i do not see any problem with the Keyboard

More
28 Jul 2024 22:45 #306288 by cornholio
ssh into the debian pc when the keyboard disconnects and run dmesg, this should give an idea of what is happening.

More
29 Jul 2024 10:12 #306318 by geostein8888
Hello,
at the end of the dmesg output i get this in red:
[ 131.300428] DMAR: DRHD: handling fault status reg 2
[ 131.300430] DMAR: [DMA Read NO_PASID] Request device [04:00.0] fault addr 0xfff9f000 [fault reason 0x06] PTE Read access is not set

i could not find something helpful here only things about the GPU (i have a standard intel board no nvidia card on it)

Georg

More
29 Jul 2024 21:46 #306363 by cornholio
You may find it useful to pipe the output thru grep to filter any messages containing USB

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds