Help with pncconf Z-X-A custom machine

More
28 Jul 2024 19:00 #306265 by ffffrf
Hello, I am modifying a sherline lathe with a positional stepper to drive the spindle, and I will have a high speed spindle mounted to the cross slide. 

I am trying to set up this machine but am confused on how to handle the Y axis. For now, I WILL NOT have a Y axis, meaning any of my milling operations will be circular or tending to the spindle center line.

However, in PNCconf, it forces me to define a Y axis - do I have to do this? How can the kinematics be resolved if linuxcnc thinks there is a Y axis but it is not supposed to function. Is there any way to remove Y axis need from the machine?

My Z axis travels along the bed of the lathe to and from the spindle, my X axis travels side to side on the cross slide, and my A axis will be the positional stepper rotating the stock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Jul 2024 19:13 #306269 by Masiwood123
youtube.com/shorts/OOtRMBdZchk?si=V9g50_eMTR7XmXLs

i have similar config with working y axis(vertical) , I removed the y axis because I am doing some modifications on the machine, it exists in the configuration but has no effect, and A, X Z works normally.

More
29 Jul 2024 16:05 #306342 by ffffrf
But can you elaborate how you "removed" the Y axis from within linuxcnc / pncconf?

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds