Inch display on Metric machine?

More
29 Jul 2024 11:33 #306320 by MartynT
Although I read a few discussions related to this sort of question I haven't been able to find a definitive answer to my situation (i.e. not a real problem).

So, my machine is set up as metric and if I draw in a particular Inventor project in inches the g-code generated dictates inches through G20. Everything runs fine and the parts are spot on as you would expect. Now, I don't always want to go to the trouble of making a drawing and code for some simple actions where I just jog the mill over an item. This actually still works kind of OK but the display shows MM and I have to convert the inches I'm working to into metric each time, which is a bit of a PITA.

Is there a simple way I can start LCNC up and get an inch or mm display without having to convert all the machine specs (even if that was possible) in the Pncconf wizard? I also have a .hal file for the jog pendant which should be relatively easy to modify for inch movement.

Excuses if this has been answered before. Any input gratefully received.

Regards,
Martyn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2024 15:22 #306337 by scotth
In AXIS use the VIEW tab and select Inch or Metric display, or use the "!" key.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MartynT

More
29 Jul 2024 16:05 #306341 by MartynT
Well - (to put it politely) blow me down . It had to be something simple of course. I will check it out shortly. Many thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

More
29 Jul 2024 20:13 #306360 by MartynT
Well I just looked at the solution and although it does show inches the Manual Control (F3) is still working in mm’s, and of course so is the pendant. So it actually makes the situation more confusing. 

Come to think of it I had actually noticed this choice under View before. 

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds