Question to operatingspeed glassscales with Beckhoff/EtherCAT under Linux CNC

More
01 Sep 2024 15:50 - 08 Sep 2024 20:26 #309156 by Norman
Good day,
I would like to carry out a retrofit on a Maho with Philips 432 control and would like to use the original glass scales as well as many other old parts of the electronics.
It should be possible to evaluate the glass scales with components from Beckhoff e.g. EL5101.
My questions are:
1.can Linux CNC process this evaluation and use it to realize the control loop to the axis controllers of the servo motors?
2. is the Beckhoff controller fast enough to carry out the evaluation in real time?
3. is it possible to calculate the maximum traversing speed above which the processing speed is no longer sufficient to work in real time?
I hope you can help me here!
Thank you very much

Guten Tag,
ich möchte ein Retrofit an einer Maho mit Philips 432 Steuerung durchführen und möchte die Originalen Glasmaßstäbe verwenden sowie viele andere alte Teile der Elektronik.
Es sollte möglich sein, mit Komponenten von Beckhoff z.B. EL5101 die Glasmaßstäbe auszuwerten.
Meine Fragen sind dazu:
1.Kann Linux CNC diese Auswertung verarbeiten und daraus den Regelkreis zu den Achscontrollern der Servomotoren realisieren?
2.Ist die Beckhoff Steuerung schnell genug um die Auswertung in Echtzeit durchzuführen?
3.Oder kann man die maximale Verfahrgeschwindigkeit ausrechnen, ab der die Verarbeitungsgeschwindigkeit nicht mehr ausreicht um in Echtzeit zu arbeiten?
Ich hoffe Ihr könnt mir hier weiter helfen!
Danke

Last edit: 08 Sep 2024 20:26 by Norman.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Sep 2024 13:04 #309285 by andypugh
If the glass scale data can be linked into the LinuxCNC HAL layer, then LinuxCNC can use it.
I would expect glass scale date to be a relatively slowly-changing correction to the basic axis position, so I doubt that you would have to worry too much about speed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Norman

More
03 Sep 2024 19:13 #309303 by Norman
Thanks andypugh.Do you know if Linux CNC together with the Ether CAT protocol is fast enough to realize simultaneous movements of 3 or 4 axes while still evaluating and correcting the glass scales?If I have understood correctly, the Ether CAT protocol (Beckhoff) has a limited amount of data that can be sent at once due to the constantly circulating frame through all components. The amount of data should therefore increase at higher speeds.
Danke andypugh.
Weißt du ob Linux CNC mit dem Ether CAT Protokoll zusammen auch schnell genug ist um simultan Bewegungen von 3 oder 4 Achsen zu realisieren und dabei noch die Glasmaßstäbe auszuwerten und zu korrigieren?
Wenn ich es richtig verstanden habe hat das Ether CAT Protokoll (Beckhoff) durch den immer wieder umlaufenden Frame durch alle Komponenten, eine begrenzte Menge Daten, die auf einmal gesendet werden können. Die Datenmenge sollte dadurch bei höherer Geschwindigkeit ansteigen.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds