New and overwhelmed.

More
24 Sep 2024 13:47 #310706 by 2703adam
Replied by 2703adam on topic New and overwhelmed.
Well, I thought about that option for some time.  My problem is, I don't have the budget (and can't get financing) for a cnc router at this time.  I don't have much extra time either,  but I have even less extra money. Lol.  

My thoughts on using this machine are as follows.  
1. I already have it.  My dad bought this on a whim 6ish years ago thinking i could do something with it, and brought it to my shop. ( I wasn't in business then, just working as a hobby)
2. It's stout.  It weighs right at 3000 pounds, so very sturdy.
3. it has x and y axis already, and they are working.
4. It already has a vacuum table and pump.
5.  The only work I have to do is modify the gantry, bolt on a z axis and spindle, and get the programming ready.  (Fully auto Atc functions, 4th axis lathe, etc will be added way down the line)

yes it would be easier and faster to just purchase a machine, but like I said I dont have the budget for that.  My budget for this machine is about $3000.  I dont think I could get a machine this large, stable,  already with a vac table for that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2024 15:45 #310716 by Todd Zuercher
Replied by Todd Zuercher on topic New and overwhelmed.
I completely understand, but you might be surprised what you can find used for that price. Take this one on Ebay for example.
www.ebay.com/itm/256470069304
It is only priced at $2500 and looks like it has a tool changer. (Although the vacuum pump for part hold down would cost extra.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds