Cant find TB2

More
11 Apr 2013 00:27 #32542 by customcutter
Replied by customcutter on topic Cant find TB2

What is "it"? Did you run out of I/O and need more from a parallel port?

Select the stepgens from I/O Connector 3 tab for each axis.

TB5 and TB6 is on the Smart Serial 0 tab so select any I/O like limit switches and start/stop buttons on that tab.

John

John, I thought from reading the "help" page that the 5i25 had to have a parallel port address. I have removed that parallel port address, but still am not finding the pins indicated on P3 of the "output help page".

Also tried to change the PWM gen, it will only accept 0, so that is not the issue.

Been reading and rereading post (actually read over half of the post in the pncconf section alone), instructions, help pages, etc since 8AM. Working in circles, but still have not found the "key".

thanks,
Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Apr 2013 00:29 #32543 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Cant find TB2

"it" I was refering to the Parallel port address, if it was the correct one. Neither PCI card makes reference to a parallel port, that was listed on the "help page".

When I am using the pncconf wizard I get to the, Mesa Configuration Board, I choose Firmware 7i76X1, Watchdog 10000000, Encoders 1, PWM gen 0, Step Gen 4, Smart Serial Ports 1, Channels 2, 34 pins.

I click on Accept Component Changes, I get Config page I/O connector 2, I/O connector 3, Smart Serial 0, I click on Smart Serial 0, get pages TB6, TB5, TB4.

I've looked all over these pages, including expanding arrows, still have yet to find step/gen, dir, etc?

I'm thinking I must be missing something on the Mesa Config Board. I have 3 axis, but planning on a 4th, so I set Step Gen to 4? Should I have a value in the PWM Gen??? I am going to try that.

The computer is still in the computer room, not hooked up to the contoller, 7i76 card, etc???

The parallel ports and the PCI cards are two separate pieces of hardware and have nothing to do with each other.

The tab marked "I/O Connector 3" is where the stepgens are.

After selecting which stepgen you wired to each drive the next pages will allow you to set the drive timing.

John

More
11 Apr 2013 00:35 #32544 by PCW
Replied by PCW on topic Cant find TB2
You can safely ignore the pins on P3
As far as stepgen connections go, look in the 7I76 manual with

stepgen 0 = X
stepgen 1 = Y
stepgen 2 = Z
stepgen 3 = A

All on TB2

More
11 Apr 2013 00:49 #32545 by customcutter
Andy, John, PCW:

Thanks guys. I went to the Smart Serial 0 page and got "stuck" there everytime. OK assigned 0-X, 1-Y, 2-Z, 3-A.

I was "afraid" to launch the test page/panel.

So I'll move on from there.

Talk about can't see the forest for the trees.

thanks again,
Ken

More
11 Apr 2013 01:04 #32546 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Cant find TB2
YEA!

John

More
11 Apr 2013 01:25 #32549 by customcutter
YEA!!! Indeed. I was beginning to wonder, I knew I had to be missing something simple. Sometimes they are he hardest to figure out.

I promise I'm not dumber than a box of rocks, it just appears that way sometimes.

thanks again for everyones patience.

Ken

PS. Time to move the CPU and monitor back into the garage and see if I can make something move.

Ken

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds