5i25 & 7i76 Pin 'axis.9.motor-pos-cmd' does not exist.

More
16 Feb 2017 01:04 #88017 by panchula
I've encountered a rather odd error when configuring a 5i25/7i76 on Linuxcnc 2.7.8 (the original install was 2.6.4) . When I first ran pncconf it would not let me finish the configuration. The message was "You forgot to configure a stepgen" or something very much like that. I searched the net and found sites.google.com/site/andrewscnc/home/mesa5i25 which mentions files in the /lib/firmware directory which I didn't have. I created a /lib/firmware/5i25 directory and copied in the 7i76x2.xml firmware.py files from the link. I ran pncconf and was able to assign pins and complete the configuration. When I start linuxcnc I get the error: Debug file information:
./7i76.hal:271: Pin 'axis.9.motor-pos-cmd' does not exist

I'm not sure what to do next.

-Mike
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2017 01:36 - 16 Feb 2017 01:54 #88019 by PCW
First I would use the internal 5i25-intenal data +7i76x2 with one 7I76 data and not any external xml files

I dont actually see the axis.9.motor-pos-cmd pin in the hal file, did you edit it by hand later?

The axis 9 stuff looks to be a bug if you select a stepgen for spindle control
I would just delete all the axis.9 stuff and proceed

(or if you didn't intend to have a stepgen controlled spindle, disable it in pncconf)
Last edit: 16 Feb 2017 01:54 by PCW.

More
16 Feb 2017 04:19 #88030 by panchula
OK, that worked. I have motion on all three axes and the homes and limits are happy. Next up -- spindle control. I have a GE AF-300 G11 5 hp VFD. Any tips on interfacing the beast?

-Mike

More
16 Feb 2017 04:38 #88032 by bevins

OK, that worked. I have motion on all three axes and the homes and limits are happy. Next up -- spindle control. I have a GE AF-300 G11 5 hp VFD. Any tips on interfacing the beast?

-Mike

Use your spindleout to connect to the 0-10v input. POT replacement basically and set scale for you max RPM of spindle for 10V.

Make sure you satisfy all your inputs to make it run. Like a N/C stop then a run input N/O upon getting a SXXX in gcode.

Then deal with getting spindle-at-speed.....

This helped me, along with Todd... Spindle Docs

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.124 seconds