6i25 (5i25) + 7i85s + 7i85s PNCconf problems and questions

More
12 Oct 2017 23:14 #100296 by andypugh

Any chance someone from belgium or the netherlands here on this forum who is willing to sacrifice a day of real teaching one on one?

You missed an excellent opportunity recently, a LinuxCNC meetup in Stuttgart.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2017 23:16 - 12 Oct 2017 23:17 #100298 by Marcodi
I was going to say thank you but you just made me cry ;)

Just a question. Is it allowed to post a request of that sort here on the forum?
Last edit: 12 Oct 2017 23:17 by Marcodi.

More
12 Oct 2017 23:24 #100303 by andypugh
I thought you just did?
But you could do another in "User Exchange"

We used to have a user-map, you could see who was close.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marcodi

More
12 Oct 2017 23:28 - 12 Oct 2017 23:28 #100305 by Marcodi
I will make one there too than, never know.

How far do you live? Any "free" holidays to Bruges planned in the near future? :)
Last edit: 12 Oct 2017 23:28 by Marcodi.

More
12 Oct 2017 23:33 #100308 by andypugh
If they had sent me rather than a colleague I would have been working in Lommel all last week.

(I am in the UK)

More
12 Oct 2017 23:41 #100310 by Marcodi
I would have gladly invited you to spend some days in Bruges@Hostel Lybeer.

Well the UK isn't far... So maybe if you are interested? I know that it is asking a lot... But it can't hurt asking it I believe. I am more than willing to come there aswell. In my stage I don't need to bring a machine... I can just bring one driver and a motor in my bag :)

More
12 Oct 2017 23:45 #100312 by InMyDarkestHour

Just a long long steep learning curve and the biggest problem is, reading the manual without an exact working example next to it makes it really hard to memorize and even harder to understand. It's as studying human biology without ever having seen a human body. ;)

I'm just an unemployed road laborer without a 6i25 card to play with. Just a matter of reading the manual and taking a single step at a time. But then again it's so easy to misinterpret something, we've all done it.

I figure if a boofhead like me can understand it anyone can :laugh:

I wouldn't start doubting yourself, it seems like you've been going at it a while, best thing to do is to walk away from it and occupy your mind with another task and come back to it fresh. Usually it'll take 2 seconds you'll see the problem and slap yourself on the head.

More
16 Oct 2017 16:22 #100438 by Marcodi
Hi all,

Special thanks to ozzyrob and andypugh for a start!

Just got back from holiday. Switched the jumpers... Looked at it with fresh eyes as Ozzy suggested. Managed to find out I was working on the wrong port and I was counting the pins from the wrong direction. So my wires on the 7i85s where not on the correct pins.

I managed to get the driver and motor basically to work. Now comes the rest. More difficult questions will follow soon :)

But once again, thx all for your help so far. I got it running, that's a hugh part for me in starting to understand.

More
16 Oct 2017 16:26 #100440 by Marcodi
So my first three question are..

1. Can I get a stepgen type5 working on the 7i85s? Here come my previous driver into play uln2003... 6motors need to be connected. 4 wires each.

2. Can I get microservo motors running on 7i85s? Only 3 wires come out of these motors. +Vcc, ground and signal. (6motors)

If not what Mesa boards would I be looking for, so I can order them.

3. I have 8 step dirs on this 7i85s. And 8 encoders which is great but I would like to have free gpio pins to connect all limit switches seperatly. Is this possible on these cards, can I free up the gpio from the step dir and encoders if not used or are they preset anyhow.

Thanks

More
16 Oct 2017 22:50 - 16 Oct 2017 22:51 #100454 by RayJr
On question #3, that is where I used a 7i84. I will connect to one of the 7I85s boards via sserial (smart serial). you can interconnect tehm with a cat-6 cable with an rj45 connector on one end.
Lots of GPIO pins available!

Ray

"No problem can be solved from the same level of consciousness that created it"

Albert Einstein
Last edit: 16 Oct 2017 22:51 by RayJr.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Marcodi

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds