PNCConf Config (Think Im missing something)

More
15 May 2019 08:42 #133825 by rodw
I recommend you create a table similar to this and always update it before you add a wire This is for my 7i76e including the MPG input for my pendant

So if I am looking for a hardware connection on the 7i76e, I use the left hand column but If I'm looking in halshow, I'll use the second column.

If you search for spaceship plasma you should find my build and on about page 4 there is a complete breakdown on how to wire in a MPG and an axis selection using a binary coded switch. Just note you need to change the mode in your hal.

It is best to just get a basic moving config with pncconf and not even worry about velocities and acceleration as its much quicker to edit the settings by hand in a text editor. When I installed mine, I just used another example and did everything by hand
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2019 11:21 #133827 by pl7i92
gewting one Axis or joint moving and then adding by hand is in most cases the best you go
or as it is a simple mashine like plasma use redsy made configs

More
22 May 2019 05:19 #134549 by Type_Zero_Design
So after some playing around and alot of help from the users here I was able to get stuff moving! :D

Now I am on to getting my 7i85 board working with my 7i76e so I can add my encoders. I have been able to flash the 7i76 7i85 firmware. But I'm kind of confused where to go from here. I'm having trouble pulling up my current config via mesaflash as well.

I found a YouTube video but it's in German and even with the translate CC it's hard to follow.

Any help is appreciated!

More
24 May 2019 02:01 #134768 by Type_Zero_Design
Any thoughts, really just trying to understand how to get the two working together since the option isnt in PNC config

More
24 May 2019 02:16 #134771 by Grotius
Hi,

This video
is very nice, exact your setup.
I followed the german sprache in the video, But without sprache you can do it !!

In the comment's there is a link for translate : www.talla83.de/subtitle.png

More
24 May 2019 02:21 #134772 by cmorley
Well when you plug the 7i85 board in do you see the pins in HAL?
Actually if I understand Peter correctly, even if you don't plug the 5i85 in you should see the pins.

So you have a config built with pncconf that moves motors.
Next would be to add HAL code to read the encoders.
I'm not sure what you're building so can't really suggest much more.

Chris M

Moderators: cmorley
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds