subroutine stops without warning

More
28 Mar 2013 19:10 #31993 by alan_3301
Ill post my configs zipped up. You'll have to get rid of a line for usb joypad or it wont run without it plugged in (sony ps3 controller).
If you dont have probekins youll have to remove all those lines, I'm sure you know all this.

I can post just a generic subroutine that you can run. Ill try and make sure it stalls on me, to simplify things.
I don't know if it will stall without a probe hooked up, it stalls either in the o4 after the g38.3 line. Or in the o2 right before the o2 endwhile.
It seems like the line before endwhile on every occurance.

Thanks.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: KobeYang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2013 20:58 #31996 by seb_kuzminsky
Thanks! I'll check it out.

More
28 Mar 2013 21:44 #31998 by seb_kuzminsky
I'm not familiar with probekins, and it's not in 2.5.1... Where did you get it from?

More
28 Mar 2013 23:26 #32002 by alan_3301
wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ProbeKins
that is where all the info is. It's a little bit of a pain to get it all going, and I was able to get the problem with trivkins, although a bit different in how it acted.
If you have any non-triv kins like gantrykins it may act the same as probekins.

I will try and test some more with a newer master, and with a stripped down subroutine, to simplify things.
I don't get to use the machine that often right now, so it may be a few days before I get time.

Thanks again.

More
28 Mar 2013 23:27 #32003 by andypugh

I'm not familiar with probekins, and it's not in 2.5.1... Where did you get it from?

wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ProbeKins

I think it counts as "experimental" but I don't think there is any reason to expect it to behave oddly during a probe.

More
29 Mar 2013 17:24 #32032 by alan_3301
If there is a way to simulate a piece of material for a simulated probe to touch, I could try to test this on my laptop.
for example,
if zpos-fb < 0 then setp motion.probe-input 1
(any time z < 0, consider probe tripped)

Im not sure about syntax, or even if this is possible. any thoughts?

More
29 Mar 2013 18:37 #32036 by BigJohnT
You could just add a pyvcp button connected to motion.probe-input.

John

More
29 Mar 2013 18:58 #32037 by alan_3301
Thanks, I had tried that before, but I was trying to come up with something a little automatic.
That way I could let it run how it was, with repeated probe moves, to see if I can get it to stall.

More
29 Mar 2013 19:30 #32040 by andypugh

If there is a way to simulate a piece of material for a simulated probe to touch, I could try to test this on my laptop.
for example,
if zpos-fb < 0 then setp motion.probe-input 1

Yes.
loadrt comp count=1
addf comp.0 servo-thread
net z-pos comp.0.in0
net probe comp.0.out => motion.probe-input
setp comp.0.in1 -20

You will need to use the actual z position signal name from your machine, it might not be z-pos.
It will be in absolute machine units, so the comp.0.in1 threshold might need adjusting.

More
06 Apr 2013 02:21 #32316 by alan_3301
Seb, I compiled the latest master as of a few days ago, and in manual mode (f3) I am not experiencing the stops I was before in 2.5.1
I'm not sure of the exact version as it only says 2.6.0~pre with my run in place install.
if i execute linuxcnc from command line it reports the version I posted earlier. I'm not sure what to say about that.
I will try 2.5.1 again to confirm it still stops, If I can figure out how to re-install it. I guess another git directory and set branch to 2.5

thanks

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds