Probe Calibration Renishaw MP12

More
04 Oct 2017 13:56 #99921 by plopes9000
Hi Richard,

Been forgetting to reply, sorry for that.

I have not converted the Renishaw routines to LCNC, rather I coded from scratch my own which I have shared here, both for the 3D probe and Toolsetter TS27R.

Wish I could help.

Best Regards,
Paulo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2017 21:20 #100029 by llrjt100
Hi Paulo,

Your post has already been very helpful in giving me an idea of what's involved - thanks again for sharing.

Best wishes,
Richard

More
28 Nov 2017 05:15 - 28 Nov 2017 05:27 #102422 by CrashCNC
I'm not having success integrating this code with probe screen as suggested.

I believe the probe screen python code is using linuxcnc call stat.probe_position() to identify where the probe was triggered after each move.

Since the code supplied pulls variables #621-#628 (offsets) through a Gcode subroutine and adjusts the measured probe value within the subroutine into variable 5001 and 5002 probe screen is missing the offset.

Anyone else have this issue? Are variables 5001 and 5002 special? Maybe i'm missing something.
**EDIT - I think i understand . This code is attempting to change the absolute position on the mill before probe screen has a chance to read it. Isn't that dangerous? Would it not throw off the homed location? Probe screen still would never get the result because it is determining the probe trip point from the previous G38.2 calls which do not include the offset table variables.

The probing calibration routine worked great. I agree with what was calculated. Thank you plopes9000 for your efforts!
Last edit: 28 Nov 2017 05:27 by CrashCNC.

More
28 Nov 2017 11:13 #102425 by plopes9000
Hi CrashCNC,

Looking at the code again, I believe you are right that the integration with probe screen is not taking the compensation into account.

We would need to change probe screen to take the result from user controllable variables.

Don't think I will get the time in the next days, week to work on this, if you get it working let us know.

Best Regards,
Paulo

More
29 Nov 2017 14:21 #102481 by Mech john
Hi Richard,
did you get anywhere with this? I have the OM40-2 probe and OTS tool setter connected up but to be honest I have just been using them in the most basic capacity, tool setting (length by touch, no rotation) xy and z. I would like to use to use it more! I have not seen anz renishaw macros etc..

cheers,
john

More
13 Dec 2017 14:29 #103076 by perra_e
I have just got a OMP40-2 and I will have a look to see if I can make the probe screen work with calibration.
I have also made a modified Fusion 360 postprocessor for linuxcnc that output probing code. For the moment it is the same as the HAAS post-processor. My goal when I have time is to write macro for G65 xxxx that emulates the renishaw macros. They are well documented so there are already a lot of work done there.

Programing Manual

More
13 Dec 2017 14:38 #103079 by tecno
Very nice there Per, writing macros is way over my head ;) Looking forward to that maybe I can get my MP10/OMI to work.

More
13 Dec 2017 14:54 #103081 by perra_e
You are here as well :-)
I just installed the probe, and it is a fantastic help! Setting up jobs i soo much faster.
You should absolutely install your probe. The probe-screen works nice as it is when you have lernt it.
I just wanted it to be as correct as possible.
I run small series that require high precition so I will try to use probing in Fusion so I can probe every setup automatically.

More
13 Dec 2017 15:04 #103082 by tecno
I am getting there it is just slow work in progress here ;)

More
26 Aug 2020 07:52 #179505 by Sviper
Hello

would you benefit from the routines of Renishaw MP12 & TS27R?
I just converted a micron VCE1000 (Haas) to Linuxcnc.
On the old controller the Renishaw routines were stored and I have the original Renishaw disk.

Greetings

Time to create page: 0.522 seconds