Remap M6 tool setter

More
28 Apr 2024 11:49 #299244 by Ahmed.emara
hello guys,
i have 5 axis milling cnc machine and i want to use tool setter to measure the tool length, i am using versa probe and m6 remap ngc code as given from qt dragon documentation  (  linuxcnc.org/docs/html/gui/qtdragon.html#_auto_tool_measurement ) , what i expected to be done is as follows:
1- Manual Change tool
2- probe down to Tool setter
3- calculate the tool length
4- update the tool table

what qt dragon do is that it needs the probe height and workpiece height  and calculate the distance between them to be able to set the the tool length by using this equation (Probe result - diff between probe height and workpiece height), from my knowledge in tool length meseurment there must be tool length reference and the tool length is the diff between tool reference length and the tool length measured. i want to calculate the actual tool length.
can someone help me it has been 2 weeks stuck in this problem !!!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2024 09:38 #299704 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Remap M6 tool setter
You probably need to define your probe as a tool, and set it to have zero length in the tool table. (or, a fixed actual length).

My probe is my tool 99.

So, you would load the tool, apply the tool length offset (G43) and then you are working from a know reference length.

More
04 May 2024 11:27 #299718 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Remap M6 tool setter
Qtdragon/Gmoccapy's Auto tool measure, does not use the tool table fir Z length. It's intended for non repeatable length tool holders.

This (rough) video shows the basic principle:

For more standard tool length probing, the master branch unlocks a couple more buttons in Versa probe that updates the tool table. It's only lightly tested.
talked about here:
forum.linuxcnc.org/qtvcp/51138-qtdragonh...maker-space?start=20
The following user(s) said Thank You: tommylight

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds