Gscreen - a GTK / Glade / Python based screen

More
22 Jul 2013 19:20 #36883 by tjamscad
Chris,

I like the keyboard on the bottom but it messed up your status panel. It will also be difficult to get more than 3 axes on there.

Can it be done so that on Setup, MDI and Program it only fills the space under the gremlin view area but still be at the bottom?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jul 2013 04:16 #36913 by cmorley
It didn't - I changed it.
Since you don't want screen controls for the spindle, You could hide that little panel, giving you more room for axes.
You need to do that by editing the glade file.
look for frame5 look under properties/common/visible click no and save.

Now if you do want spindle screen controls....hmm

I'll have to look at the layering of the layout for your other suggestion.

Chris M

More
23 Jul 2013 21:59 #36941 by tjamscad
Chris,

I have asked this many times but I am asking again because I keep forgetting. I will have to add the ansews to my gscreen manual.

What does "Abort" do and when is it used?

What is "Corrdnate System" and when do you use it? The programs should call the corrdnate system G54-G59.

Can the spindle RPM meter be converted to a load meter easily?

Tooledit and offset edit dont apear to function the same way. Can they be made to operate the same way? Can the check box (tool edit) and the Edit button be removed to allow just a single click for selection and making changes? I do prefer the apply button to keep changes. My operator thought there was to much work to make changes.

When in joging mode you should not be able to select multiple axes unless you are vector jogging and i'm not sure LinuxCNC does that.

Why do you have X,Y on the tool edit page?

On the offset page what is ROT and Tool for?

Can you make the grimlin a prefference to turn on or off in the prefferences page?

The calculator button does not seem to work.

More
24 Jul 2013 11:48 #36962 by cmorley
-Abort stops the current movement. eg If you MDI a move and decide you want to stop before its finished - press abort.(eg opposite of cycle start)
-coordinate system button allows manually changing the current user system (G54,g55, etc) so you can touch off and set them.
-assuming you have the load info available as a HAL pin - relativity easy probably a small edit to the GLADE file.
Tooledit and offsetpage could in principal be made to work the same.
Tooledit followed the behaviour of an existing tooledit program
for offsetpage I actually wanted to avoid the apply button because it seems easy to make a change and forget to press apply.
Both the apply and the edit buttons are attempts to stop the user from making changes when linuxcnc will not accept them.
Actually, programmically the single click for selection has been allusive. You would think that it would be easy and common. Still looking for a
solution.

In jogging mode you can't select more then one axis (if you can it's a bug and I need to know how you did it)
X and Y and any other axes can have an tool offset, that is why they are on the edit page.
ROT stands for rotation. linuxcnc can rotate X and Y around the Z axis - I don't know much about this and that is why you can't currently edit it.
TOOL stands for current tool offset, The original idea for the offset page widget was a page just to see all the current offsets applied.
If you have a tool offset applied when you flip to this page the row will reflect it.
Gremlin as a preference - probably could -I'll see
pull again the calculator should be fixed.
Note the rotary axes manual feedrate selection doesn't work yet either.

Chris M

More
24 Jul 2013 14:42 #36965 by cmorley
ok pushed dome changes to offset[age widget

rotational offsets can be edited now

and selection uses a SINGLE click!!
You still have to push edit mode button first though

off to bed/

Chris M

More
25 Jul 2013 21:18 - 25 Jul 2013 21:19 #37031 by LAIR82
Hello Chris,

We are pretty content right now with how things are going with the two machines running Gscreen Industrial, they are both running 9 hr shifts everyday. Question I have is, for our next build, can I copy the linux-cnc-dev/config/sim/gscreen_custom/ files from one of our current builds and use them on the next build, so as to keep the front end the same on all three machines? Reason I ask is, I haven't had a chance to look at the latest version of Industrial, and it sounds like there have been some revisions to it. Or when I finally get to configuring our next build and do a pull to get the latest and greatest, will I only be able to run the latest version of Industrial?

Thanks

Rick
Last edit: 25 Jul 2013 21:19 by LAIR82.

More
26 Jul 2013 03:57 #37044 by tjamscad
Chris,

Ignore limits should be hidden until a limit switch is made.

When starting gscreen G54 or the last correndante system is automatically set active. The machinists i am working with feels this is not correct. The coordinate system should only be activated by an MDI or program command.

Can you add a machine position to the display?

Tool set should not use the correnate system (G54-G59) it should be using the machine position.

More
26 Jul 2013 07:31 #37046 by cmorley

Hello Chris,

We are pretty content right now with how things are going with the two machines running Gscreen Industrial, they are both running 9 hr shifts everyday. Question I have is, for our next build, can I copy the linux-cnc-dev/config/sim/gscreen_custom/ files from one of our current builds and use them on the next build, so as to keep the front end the same on all three machines? Reason I ask is, I haven't had a chance to look at the latest version of Industrial, and it sounds like there have been some revisions to it. Or when I finally get to configuring our next build and do a pull to get the latest and greatest, will I only be able to run the latest version of Industrial?

Thanks

Rick

Lairs

As far as the layout goes using an older glade file should work fine. Very occasionally I rename a widget and that could cause problems.
If that happens I most likely could fix it for you. contact me.

But when I change how a basic widget works (like tooledit_widget) then you are stuck with the new behaviour. Hopefully I only make it better.

So if you are happy with your machines - don't upgrade them till you confirm the old glade file works fine or the new one is better.
relatively soon, 2.6 will be 'frozen' and only get bug fixes in preparation for release.
Then the layout will become stable.
Then I'll start messing with 2.7 master....

More
26 Jul 2013 07:55 #37047 by cmorley

Chris,

Ignore limits should be hidden until a limit switch is made.

When starting gscreen G54 or the last correndante system is automatically set active. The machinists i am working with feels this is not correct. The coordinate system should only be activated by an MDI or program command.

Can you add a machine position to the display?

Tool set should not use the correnate system (G54-G59) it should be using the machine position.

I probably could hide the ignore limits button and it only needs to be on the setup page.
You cannot pick the machine coordinate system. It is mostly hidden from the user. There is always one user system active.
If you leave the offsets at zero for a user system then this would be equivalent to the machine coordinate system.

'Absolute' position IS the machine coordinates

Tool set uses G10 L10 ,other option is to do G10 L11

G10 L10 from the manual:
"G10 L10 changes the tool table entry for tool P so that if the tool offset is reloaded, with the machine in its current position and with the current G5x and G92 offsets active, the current coordinates for the given axes will become the given values. The axes that are not specified in the G10 L10 command will not be changed."

G10 L11:
"G10 L11 is just like G10 L10 except that instead of setting the entry according to the current offsets, it is set so that the current coordinates would become the given value if the new tool offset is reloaded and the machine is placed in the G59.3 coordinate system without any G92 offset active.

This allows the user to set the G59.3 coordinate system according to a fixed point on the machine, and then use that fixture to measure tools without regard to other currently-active offsets."

Since you can't use machine coordinates, G10 L10 is probably what you want.
If not you'll have to explain in more detail. I am not up to speed on tool set procedures.

Chris M

More
26 Jul 2013 09:28 #37050 by LAIR82
Hey Chris,

I no more than pressed submit this morning on that post and both operators came to me within 20 minutes of each other, and both machines were telling me that " Requested tool XX not found in tool table". They had done nothing at all except performed an MDI tool call and it tells them that. I shut linux down, restarted, homed the machine and did a tool call and it still gave me that fault. The only way that I found to resolve this is to delete and re-add each tool back into the tool table. I even went to the actual tool.tbl file, copied the contents, made another file with a different name, changed my INI file to reflect it and it still faulted.

Any thoughts?

What would be of help on my end to try to diagnose this?

Rick

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds