Best GUI for touch and 4th axis

More
29 Jul 2013 04:11 #37189 by mariusl
I have tried a new config. I copied the pyngc_gmoccapy_with_popup_keyboard to a new config. Removed all the hal file calls and the same happens. It would seem that the error come when I remove the files from the sim environment. Yet gscreen is running on my config. The same config.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2013 04:54 #37190 by newbynobi
as far as I can see from here the error is caused from init_tooledit, what is part of gscreen.

Have you done a make clean and autogen configure etc.?

Try o copy the gmoccapy folder and than change it part by part to your config and find out when the error ocure.

CHRIS, can you help?

Norbert

More
29 Jul 2013 10:37 #37193 by cmorley
The missing tooledit1 widget is probably NOT the problem. Sometimes when an error comes up it stops the process and skips steps giving unhelpful errors messages.

We need to know what the first given error message is. If it IS the tooledit1 error then it would suggest a version error.
open Gmoccapy.glade (the one in your config) with gedit and search for tooledit1, then we will know if that is the real error.

We don't actually know what is killing linuxcnc and I don't know what program is printing unknown axis 4

I would build a known good config - say plain Gmoccapy with your ini needed changes and HAL files.
See if that will start.
then add pyncggui

Then we can isolate the problem.

Chris M

More
29 Jul 2013 12:34 #37196 by newbynobi
Halo,

I found out that the error "unknown axis 4" is printed by gmoccapy_handler.py in the lines 1384 and in 1406, in the functions on_btn_jog_pressed and on_btn_jog_released, but this can not cause linuxcnc to shut down.

This signals are emitted, when the buttons are rearranged on start up, but this should happen after the widgets btn_4_plus and btn_4_minus have got there new label.

Al this makes it very possible, that Marius got an timing problem.
Marius, can you try the following?

Please change your cycle time in display from 300 to the default 100.

Open gmoccapy.glade with gedit
search for btn_4_plus and change the label property from 4+ to A+
search for btn_4_minus and change the label property from 4- to A-
save the file

Now the unknown axis error should be gone, but I guess that this is not the real problem.

Please report the results as detailed as possible, I am not able to reproduce the behavior.

Norbert

More
29 Jul 2013 15:32 #37200 by mariusl
Ok let me start a clean config from the basic 4 axis gmoccapy. I will implement my hal lastly and see what happens. If I get errors I will do as instructed above. I will give feedback later today.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
30 Jul 2013 22:29 #37268 by newbynobi
Hallo Marius,

I have been able to reproduce your error!
I installed gmoccapy 0.9.5 and than made a git pull and tried directly to start linuxcnc - gmoccapy_4_axis.ini

I have been able to reproduce your error, it can be solved by:

cd linuxcnc-dev
cd src
make clean
./autogen.sh
./configure
make
sudo make setuid

and than start linuxcnc.

So you must have made an error during compiling.

Norbert

More
30 Jul 2013 23:07 #37271 by mariusl
Hi Norbert
I did the cleanup last night and now I started from scratch with the basic 4 axis Gmoccapy. I have my HAL config already integrated and I am now busy with the ngcgui stuff. I found an error with that. I cannot rename the TAB of ngcgui at all. It just will not load anything. Also one has to note that the ngcgui stuff in the sim config has a relative inclusion of the ngcgui scripts. The ngcgui stuff must be copied to your config directory and then the paths must be fixed in the TAB definitions.

All the rest is working with Gmoccapy for now. I will report back when I have the whole lot working.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds