My custom designed GUI

More
23 Apr 2017 04:32 - 23 Apr 2017 04:49 #91870 by kcj
kcj replied the topic: My custom designed GUI
I just checked my python version using $ python -V and it says I'm running 2.7.3. CraftsmanCNC seems to start and run fine, see the attached screen shot. I can upload the directory in which I have CraftsmanCNC installed if that would be helpful.

Kurt

EDIT: It is starting to come back to me. I think I remember having to change some floats to ints or something like that to get the GUI to start without errors, maybe in the scaling function? Whatever it was I don't remember it being a lot of work to get going, and at the time I had very little if any python or linux knowledge, and I still don't :)
Attachments:
Last Edit: 23 Apr 2017 04:49 by kcj.
More
23 Apr 2017 06:19 #91872 by yodaddy
yodaddy replied the topic: My custom designed GUI
It would be much appreciated if you would upload the installation directory.

Thank you very much!
More
23 Apr 2017 16:56 #91891 by kcj
I just ran some diffs on the original craftsman .py files and on my craftsman .py files in my config directory. Here are the results:

1. In craftsman.py I modified the paths on lines 18 and 25 to match my user-name. Also, it looks like I removed some parentheses on line 1122, but can't see any reason why that would be necessary.
  2. In vfd_spindle.py I modified the path on line 13 to match my user-name.
  3. In craftsman_toolchange.py I modified the path on line 7 to match my user-name.
  4. In vfd_controller.py I modified the path on line 10 to match my user-name.

I ran diffs on all the other python files and as far as I can tell I did not make any changes to the code other than those listed above. I did add easygui.py to the craftsmancnc directory.

Again, it has been a long time (1-2yrs?) since I was playing with this GUI, and I can not remember exactly what I did to get it running. All I know is that is does run, that I have Python 2.7.3, and that I was not very impressed with the GUI. I will upload my directory when I figure out how to make a tarball.

Hope this info helps!

Kurt
More
23 Apr 2017 17:42 #91896 by yodaddy
You can create a recursive tarball that retains permissions using the command " tar -cvpf output.tar sourceDirectory/* "

Thanks!
More
23 Apr 2017 17:57 #91897 by kcj
That was easy, Thank you!
It is too big to upload here, so I put it up here: engr3131.weebly.com/craftsmancnc.html
Hope that is OK.

Kurt
The following user(s) said Thank You: yodaddy
More
23 Apr 2017 18:09 #91898 by yodaddy
File downloaded. Many thanks for taking the time to respond, and for sharing your working installation!

Rick
The following user(s) said Thank You: kcj
More
23 Apr 2017 18:13 #91900 by kcj
Absolutely! Let us know how it goes. Best of luck Rick!
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds