Funktionieren isel-CNC-Fräsen mit LinuxCNC?

More
16 Jul 2014 00:39 #48814 by Stahlmensch
Hallo alle miteinander,

Ich bin neu hier und wollte fragen ob LinuxCNC an meiner kürzlich erhaltene isel DaVinci 242525(Baujahr: ´95) funktioniert, als Motoren sind Stepper dran und der Port scheint soetwas wie ein verkappter(da nur 5 Pins) RS232 zu sein. In der Dokumentation habe ich bereits gelesen, dass RS232 nicht unterstützt wird. Gibt es dennoch eine Möglichkeit meine kleine Prototyping-CNC zu steuern(möglichst mit kon´stenloser Software, da ich noch Schüler bin auch gerne Schülerversionen).

Das war auch schon alles bis auf weiteres!

Viele Grüße
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jul 2014 15:35 #48835 by ArcEye

I'm new here and wanted to ask if LinuxCNC on my recently obtained isel DaVinci 242525 (Year: '95) works as stepper motors are off and the port seems to be something of a disguise (as only 5-pin) RS232. In the documentation I've read that RS232 is not supported. Is there still a way my little prototyping CNC control (possible with kon'stenloser software because I'm still a student also like student versions).

The Isel routers all seem to use a proprietary windows based software system with communication via the serial port.
The stepper drivers are likely to also be proprietary, you should be able to patch into them, but if they are part of a larger board, it may take a bit of working out

Linuxcnc will not work with the serial port, you will be able to control the steppers directly, either through the existing drivers or with new ones, but you will be junking a bit of the original equipment.

Search the other forums, I found this on CNCForum which suggests there are other threads on the same and that there is another software package which works with the Isel equipment as it is.
www.cnczone.com/forums/controller-amp-co...isel-automation.html

regards

Translation (hopefully)

Die Isel Router scheinen alle eine proprietäre Windows-basierte Software-System, mit der Kommunikation über die serielle Schnittstelle zu verwenden.
Die Schritttreiber sind wahrscheinlich auch proprietär sein, sollten Sie in der Lage, in sie zu patchen, aber wenn sie Teil einer größeren Bord sind, kann es ein wenig Arbeit nehmen

Linuxcnc werden nicht mit der seriellen Schnittstelle arbeiten, werden Sie in der Lage, die Stepper direkt steuern, entweder durch die vorhandenen Treiber oder durch neue, aber Sie werden junking ein wenig von der ursprünglichen Ausstattung.

Suche die anderen Foren, fand ich diese auf CNCForum was darauf hindeutet, gibt es noch andere Themen auf der gleichen und dass es eine andere Software, die mit der Isel Gerät arbeitet wie es ist.
www.cnczone.com/forums/controller-amp-co...isel-automation.html

Grüße

More
16 Jul 2014 15:39 - 16 Jul 2014 15:40 #48836 by Einar
Hallo Paul,

Sprechen wir von diese maschine: www.cnczone.com/forums/techno-cnc/210880...no-isel-davinci.html ?
Ziemlich ist es wie du vermutet keine RS232.

Bei ein umbau kannst du mindesten alle mechanische teile nutzen, sowie die spannungsversorgung und schrittmotoren.
Die schrittmotor treibern sind aber an dieselbe kreiskarte als die steuerung. www.cnczone.com/forums/attachment.php?at...130&d=1392060612
Das heisst du sollte diese karte zum (Ebay?) schrittmotor treibern umbauen.

Und, selbstverständlich die kostenlose LinuxCNC als steuerungsprogramm.
Ich glaube du wird nach umbau ein viel bessere maschine haben als die china fräsen.
Und für eine viel niedriger preis.

Viel Glück mit die umbau.

MvG
Einar
Last edit: 16 Jul 2014 15:40 by Einar.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stahlmensch

More
17 Jul 2014 17:27 - 17 Jul 2014 17:37 #48877 by Stahlmensch
Okay, da hier wohl keine muttersprachlich Deutschen da sind wechsle ich jetzt auf mein mäßig gutes Englisch!

Yes Einar, you´re right this is exactly my machine!
Thank yout for your explanations, I´ve found an old 3-Axis Stepper Card lying around here it´s an EMIS SMC1500(Documentation also in English are available here: www.emisgmbh.de/smc1500.htm). The card is really good but I´m concerned if the maximum Output of 1500mA per phase is enough for the Steppers...the voltage is rated for up to 24V(and even with a little bit of modding 36V). If the Techno Software won´t be working I`ll try to connect the SMC1500-Board.

Now my questions are: 1. Is it possible for LinuxCNC to work with this card, it has a 36-pin Centronics jack(that´s parallel Port so it should work)
2. Do I need to have any second controller for interpreting or does LinuxCNC send the interpreted commands to the board(or just the plain GCode)
3. How do I connect the Board to my laptop(it hasn´t a parallel port just USBs) would the connection work with an active USB-Centronics Adapter

Now I´ll test if the Techno software works, if not then the original electronixcs will go to junk!

Thanks in Advance

regards
Paul

EDIT: I tried the software from techno, but it wants a *.ncd file from me a GCode....what is this file type(i´ve read that it would be a text document) but how can I translate from GCode to *.ncd
Last edit: 17 Jul 2014 17:37 by Stahlmensch.

• jornbyte
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
17 Jul 2014 23:24 #48895 by jornbyte
Replied by jornbyte on topic Funktionieren isel-CNC-Fräsen mit LinuxCNC?
Hallo Paul

wenn deine Endstufen für die Motoren mit Richtungs und Taktsignal arbeiten kannst du LinuxCNC kostenlos verwenden.
Die Ansteuerung solle von einem geprüft werden der sich damit auskennt, leichter ist es wenn das beschriftet ist.

Gruß
Jörgen

More
20 Jul 2014 15:50 #48965 by Einar
Paul,

Your english seems far better than my german. :-)
But then you should place your question in the general (english) sections of the forum. I assume those that cannot read (or write) german probably will not see your explanation even if it is in english, as long as it is in the german section.

Just browsing quickly through the first pages of the SMC1500 manual it seems it works with Step/Dir signals to the motors, so should be easy to interface to LinuxCNC. You may have to fabricate your own Centronix cable though to get the signals to the right pins.

So to your questions:
1. Probably yes, it should work.
2. No. LinuxCNC interprets the G-code and send out step and direction signals to control the motors.
3. It will not work properly with a USB-Parallelport adapter. Laptops are not a good choice anyhow. Old PC's are usually for free or almost free. Try that. Boot the CD and run the latency test to determine if that PC is a good candidate.

And please put a comment here excusing our english conversation to all those that read it and do not understand. ;-)

Einar

More
15 Oct 2014 14:43 #52111 by uli12us
Isel ist halt nicht gleich Isel, die Firma gibts ja schon ewig und da wurden im Lauf der Jahre viele unterschiedliche
Treiber Motoren usw verbaut. Ein Kollege in Nürnberg hat eine Isel die mit Mesa 5i25 und 7i77 einwandfrei läuft.
Die hat aber Servos und die Antriebsverstärker werden mit +/- 10V angesteuert.
Abhängig davon, welche Ansteuerung die Steppertreiber haben könnte auch Step/dir möglich sein.
Das kann man aber nur rausfinden, wenn man die Anleitung dafür vorliegen hat. Mit viel Glück ist die Maschine noch so jung, dass man im Netz über die Einzelteile was rausfindet.

Time to create page: 0.076 seconds