Previews Trace of Laser Machine with GladeVCP

More
21 Aug 2013 02:22 #37906 by diegoroman17
Hi everyone,

I have developed a GUI for my Laser Machine and this work good, but I want add more functions. I want add a button that say "Preview Trace" and when I press it the machine make a rectangle or better the contour with the edges of .ngc file without activate the laser . Could give me any idea? Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Aug 2013 04:51 #37908 by BigJohnT
I think your looking to add Gremlin the G code preview and plotter.

JT

More
21 Aug 2013 05:06 #37909 by diegoroman17
Don´t exactly, I have added the Gremlin. I want do a trace of only edges, I don`t want make all Gcode because it takes a long time.The use of my function is to know that area will cover the laser.

More
21 Aug 2013 20:54 #37927 by BigJohnT
If your perimeter is in one section of code you could use the axis hide special comment to stop the preview from showing the rest.

JT

More
21 Aug 2013 21:10 #37928 by diegoroman17
Apologize for not expressing myself well with my English,

This is a interesting option to control the Vizualization of preview. Unfortunately I need that the laser head moves along the perimeter in the real world, or if this is very dificult don´t problem, I am content with the laser head moves along a rectangle that marks the limits, left, right, top and bottom, but in the real world not in the preview of Axis or Gremlin.

More
21 Aug 2013 22:41 #37931 by BigJohnT
I actually think I understand what you want after reading the first post over again. Perhaps a python script to open the G code file and find the XY end point and generate a .ngc file with the result set.

JT

More
21 Aug 2013 23:46 #37934 by diegoroman17
Ok,

Basically I need this function
, applied to laser machine. It is a route into the work area and show me in the real world the area of my material that my design will use. Is similar to a preview in the world real before the complete work.

More
22 Aug 2013 03:44 #37938 by BigJohnT
I still think a python script to find the end points and generate a preview path of the perimeter is a possibility.

And the video does help everyone to understand what your trying to do.

Can you speak python?

JT

More
22 Aug 2013 04:23 #37939 by diegoroman17
I have found other video, I think that it have a better explanation can you see it please?

Read the GCode file is a option but this could be very delayed if the G code is extensive.

Maybe could I read the coordinates relative from the current point where the machine until the end points shown in gremlin and do the movement?

I see that Total dimensions are shown in Gremlin. Could I get the coordinates from where to where are these dimensions?

More
22 Aug 2013 04:30 - 22 Aug 2013 04:32 #37940 by BigJohnT
In Axis Properties it has the bounds for the loaded file so that should be fast to find. Other than that I'm pretty much out of ideas that are fast cheap and good.

JT
Last edit: 22 Aug 2013 04:32 by BigJohnT.

Moderators: mhaberlerHansU
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds