Y Axis works in Stepconf, but not in the program.

More
16 Apr 2012 11:47 - 16 Apr 2012 11:49 #19235 by yello
I am still doing my fitst steps. After the PC runs well now with 8.04 - and I managed the setup all parameters inside the Stepconf wizzard I have a problem with the Y axis:

• Y axis moves perfectly with the Stepconf wizzard
• Y axis is totally dead in the 'real' program (I tried axis.ngc + arcspiral.ngc - X and Z work perfectly)

Any hint what it could be?

The picture is just for reference - my Chinese 6040 mill....

Attachments:
Last edit: 16 Apr 2012 11:49 by yello.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Apr 2012 12:40 #19236 by BigJohnT
With Axis GUI (I assume your using it) on, E-Stop out (F1), Power On (F2) is the Y axis stepper holding fast or is it free to turn?

John

More
16 Apr 2012 16:17 #19245 by andypugh
yello wrote:

• Y axis moves perfectly with the Stepconf wizzard
• Y axis is totally dead in the 'real' program (I tried axis.ngc + arcspiral.ngc - X and Z work perfectly)

If I recall correctly the stepconf "test axis" function makes no attempt to control the "Enable" lines, and the actual machine configuration does. So it seems likely that the amplifier is enabled by default, and then is being disabled by the real config.

You may need to un-invert the X channel...

More
17 Apr 2012 08:51 - 17 Apr 2012 09:00 #19302 by yello

andypugh wrote:If I recall correctly the stepconf "test axis" function makes no attempt to control the "Enable" lines, and the actual machine configuration does. So it seems likely that the amplifier is enabled by default, and then is being disabled by the real config.

You may need to un-invert the X channel...

You recalled correctly! Thank you! I did a matrix with all possibilities and found a working way. (However, will not be long to my next question...)
Last edit: 17 Apr 2012 09:00 by yello.

More
17 Apr 2012 09:08 #19303 by cncbasher
for information , you can use one enable pin on the parrallal port and connect all enables to it , you do not need to use one enable per axis.

More
17 Apr 2012 10:46 #19307 by yello
cncbasher wrote:

for information , you can use one enable pin on the parrallal port and connect all enables to it , you do not need to use one enable per axis.

I am not sure what "enable" does. I guess I should do more reading first. The CNC works now. But I have 3 "Amplifier Enable", and 2 of them are inverted.
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds