Z axis homing question

More
09 Jul 2012 11:47 #21712 by alexr
Z axis homing question was created by alexr
Hi guys

I have just installed a maximum limit switch on my Z axis for my router and I have a curious problem.

In stepconf I have setup "BOTH LIMIT AND HOME Z" for the limit switch circuit and it is wired NC/COM/NC. The X and Y axes are also wired NC/COM/NC.

When I hit 'Home All' button, the X and Y axis both seek positive and negative limits/home switches. BUT!!! the problem is that the Z axis touches max limit and returns to its original position; Z axis does not seek both min and max limit/home switches.

Is this normal? I use to only have a minimum home switch. Every thing still works exactly the same as before (well not direction inverted on z axis direction anymore) so its not a critical issue but.... shouldn't Linuxemc find both z axis switches for accuracy purposes?

Is there a way of enforcing "BOTH LIMIT AND HOME Z" positive and negative search???

Anyways it will be interesting to hear what you think and know!

Thanks for your time guys

Alexr

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Jul 2012 12:18 - 09 Jul 2012 12:22 #21714 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic Re:Z axis homing question
I'm not really sure what your saying about seeking both min and max limit switches... a typical/normal home move for the Z axis is:

Move up at search speed (a faster speed) until the home/limit switch is tripped
Move down slowly until the home/limit switch is not tripped
Move up at at latch speed (a slower speed) until the home/limit switch is tripped
Move down to the home location at the home final velocity (a setting in the INI and not in stepconf)

The homing moves you can choose from are in the Integrators Manual Homing Section .

I'm also not sure what you mean by NC/COMM/NC but I assume you mean you have wired the home/limit switches on the normally closed contacts which would be the positive wire on COMM and return wire on NC which is the proper way.

John
Last edit: 09 Jul 2012 12:22 by BigJohnT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds