Automatic touch off on X axis

More
02 Oct 2012 11:22 - 02 Oct 2012 11:22 #24862 by BigJohnT
So your button is really a jog button and once you pass the first prox you just change the jog speed in hal with a mux.

linuxcnc.org/docs/html/man/man9/mux2.9.html

John
Last edit: 02 Oct 2012 11:22 by BigJohnT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Oct 2012 11:27 #24863 by BigJohnT
You might need to use classicladder setting an output for a short time to unhome the axis... dunno if this will give an error when jogging or not.

John

More
02 Oct 2012 13:01 #24871 by mariusl
John it does give an error. I had to do a CL anyway. I now push a button that is latched and connects to the jog function until the first switch is opened. Now I have to set the unhome signal (dont now how yet). The operator will now use the normal Home function to home the Axis.
Oh and for some reason my machine will not jog if I set halui.jog.0.plus from the CL. Still debugging though.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
02 Oct 2012 13:08 #24873 by BigJohnT
Sounds like your making progress. You might have to stop for a fraction of a second to unhome. There is a halui unhome pin for each axis.

John

More
02 Oct 2012 14:00 - 02 Oct 2012 14:01 #24874 by mariusl
I found the unhome pin and I will use it for that but for now I have a problem jogging the axis with this halui.jog.0.plus - is this the right pin to use for jogging the axis?

My code looks like this

net loader-run classicladder.0.out-01 => halui.jog.0.plus

I can jog from the Axis screen but not from this code. I did look at the ladder pin in halmeter and it does turn on.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

Last edit: 02 Oct 2012 14:01 by mariusl.

More
02 Oct 2012 15:42 #24876 by mariusl
OK, got the thing working. The problem was that jog speed was 0 in halui. I set it with an assignment in the CL (hard coded) but I will have to find a way for CL to get it from a parameter or setting somewhere. I also have to get the homing cycle to go backward instead of forward when it looks for the homing switch.

Regards
Marius

www.bluearccnc.com

More
02 Oct 2012 18:42 #24884 by BigJohnT
Reverse the sign of the homing velocity's to change directions.

John

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds