script for probing.

More
13 Feb 2013 18:50 #30015 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic script for probing.
the script looks ok ,
the first section sets up the location to probe and the number of points to test and distances , this builds up a txt file of the gcode coordinates into the files named , this is set to use G21 Metric , but could easily be changed to G20 Inch later if needed , but i dont see the need .

take
(#1=433) ( x start )
this is setting a value of 433 ( mm ) in #1
so where ever #1 is seen you can replace with 433
and so one for others , this means you only need to change the top section and change the complete program for other sizes

the only point i do not see at the moment is what configuration your machine has , in the setup of the sensor from within linuxcnc

have you cut any foam boards with the machine as yet ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2013 21:12 #30022 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic script for probing.

here is the boardcad manual, there is a bunch of info on how to scan and use the script and were to put the files.

www.boardcad.com/boardcad_book.pdf

That all seems relatively straightforward.

The script you have should create the files that boardcad needs to import to create a board model.

Then Boardcad will create G-code to control the machine.

You import the G-code back into LinuxCNC, and make boards.

I may have glossed over some details :-)

More
14 Feb 2013 01:24 #30030 by revo
Replied by revo on topic script for probing.
i am cutting foam but with mach3. the setup with linuxcnc is giving me problems but ill get there. i just have too many orders to finish to really take the time to finish.

now back to the script.

how to do get linuxcnc to read the script and start moving?

More
14 Feb 2013 01:42 - 14 Feb 2013 01:44 #30033 by cncbasher
save the script as a .ngc file ..
load the file into linuxcnc
and run .. it will produce other named files they then become your files for cutting or further editing

but the main question you have not answered is , how the proximity detector interfaces to linuxcnc , without this it will not work
so we need to see your hal files and any additional comp and linuxcnc configuration

the files in question were done by ' surfineurope ' Jonas .. but it appears he has not posted to the boardcad forums ...
or at least i cannot find them

what files do you have in /home/redeyes/emc2/configs/stepper/
archive this folder and attach to post
Last edit: 14 Feb 2013 01:44 by cncbasher.

More
14 Feb 2013 02:07 - 14 Feb 2013 02:08 #30036 by revo
the photolectric sensor has 4 wire , they are plug on the pin you would use for a probe.
Jonas gave me the script but his too busy making boardcad that he doesnt have time to deal with my request.

i have to learn how to use the device, the sensor has laser that detect distances.

www.ifm.com/products/us/ds/O1D100.htm

i am not sure yet how it interface with linuxcnc but i am hoping will find out...
Last edit: 14 Feb 2013 02:08 by revo.

More
14 Feb 2013 02:11 #30037 by revo
the only info so far about scanning are the one in the boardcad book.

More
14 Feb 2013 02:27 - 14 Feb 2013 03:05 #30038 by cncbasher

the photolectric sensor has 4 wire , they are plug on the pin you would use for a probe.
Jonas gave me the script but his too busy making boardcad that he doesnt have time to deal with my request.

i have to learn how to use the device, the sensor has laser that detect distances.

www.ifm.com/products/us/ds/O1D100.htm

i am not sure yet how it interface with linuxcnc but i am hoping will find out...

all i can say is that the sensor is nothing more than a proximity sensor that operates like a switch as a given distance from the target
so this would move the head untill the target distance was met by the sensor , so then reading the height and offsets .

this sensor is acting as a renishaw probe , but without contacting the part ... and using the sensor to trigger at the same height from the material
everytime , the benefit of course is it wont damage or distort foam which perhaps a standard renishaw probe would .

make sure the proximity sensor connects to signal PROBE IN and is set to an approprate target distance on the sensor , and check in show hal configuration and watch the probe in
signal , when the probe is at distance , you should see the state change , the proximity sensor should work fine programming it with OUT 1 which acts as a normaly open / closed voltage free microswitch , once that is working then the script should work , given any distance changes at the top of the file
to suit your machine .
Last edit: 14 Feb 2013 03:05 by cncbasher.

More
14 Feb 2013 03:14 #30040 by revo
Just to make sure i dont destroy my laser, i need some opinions.

i will put it on pin 15 which has Signal, Ground, Volt

now the laser wiring instructions are

1 =brown L+
2 =white L-
3 =blue L-
4 =black L-

would L+ be the voltage and the rest is signal?

cheers!

More
14 Feb 2013 05:37 #30047 by cncbasher

Just to make sure i dont destroy my laser, i need some opinions.

i will put it on pin 15 which has Signal, Ground, Volt

now the laser wiring instructions are

1 =brown L+
2 =white L-
3 =blue L-
4 =black L-

would L+ be the voltage and the rest is signal?

cheers!

1 18 to 30v dc + @ 500ma
2 unused
3 output signal to linuxcnc ( set sensor to out1) normaly open / closed switch contact mode
4 gnd -

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds