EStop Out

More
30 May 2013 03:49 #34929 by ddmotim
EStop Out was created by ddmotim
Hi!
I just retrofitted an old Bridgeport CNC Mill with a new servo drive system. I got it set up with LinuxCNC, and got everything moving well. I'm having issues with the EStop Out feature. I have a normally closed loop run through all the limit switches and my external EStop switch for the EStop In circuit on pin 15 of my breakout board. I have all of my axis brakes run off a relay on pin 14 of the breakout board. I'm trying to set up the configuration so that the brakes come on when I hit the EStop button. In the configurator, I have pin 14 set to EStop-Out. When I launch my machine, I can use the external EStop to activate/deactivate the on-screen EStop, but the status of pin 14 doesn't change. I'm thinking I may have to write some code for the .hal file that takes the EStop-in signal and turns it into an I/O signal for pin 14, but I assumed that's what EStop-out should do already. Any insight or suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks
Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2013 03:52 #34930 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic EStop Out
the estop out may need to be inverted , you don't say what controller board your using , if it is a Mesa variant the chances are this is it

More
30 May 2013 04:01 #34931 by ddmotim
Replied by ddmotim on topic EStop Out
Thanks for the reply. The board is like the one in this kit: www.ebay.com/itm/SAMSUNG-200W-SERVO-PACK...&hash=item3cb57d0fef
Whether I invert it or not, the problem is that the circuit stays either open or closed. I want the EStop switch to energize the relay that operates the brakes, but it won't change.

More
30 May 2013 07:03 #34936 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic EStop Out
Try the iocontrol.0.user-enable-out pin.

More
30 May 2013 18:39 #34961 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic EStop Out
Which configuration wizard are you using Stepconf or Pncconf?

JT

More
30 May 2013 20:06 #34968 by ddmotim
Andy, I'll try playing around with the user-enable pin.
John, I'm using the Stepconf wizard
Thanks

More
30 May 2013 20:28 - 30 May 2013 20:29 #34969 by BigJohnT
I just created a minimal configuration with Stepconf and left pin 1 connected to e stop out. I watched the state of pin 1 on the parallel port and it toggles with the e stop button in Axis. So at least that part works.

Next I selected pin 10 as e stop in and Stepconf connected it to the estop-ext signal. I can't test that from my sim...

I use the estop_latch component on my BP knee mill with an external e stop button.
# estop chain
loadrt estop_latch
addf estop-latch.0 servo-thread
net estop-loopout iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in <= estop-latch.0.ok-out
net estop-loopin iocontrol.0.user-enable-out => estop-latch.0.ok-in
net estop-reset iocontrol.0.user-request-enable => estop-latch.0.reset
net remote-estop estop-latch.0.fault-in <= hm2_5i25.0.7i77.0.0.input-06-not

Prior to the estop_latch component AFAIK you had to use classicladder to sync with an external e stop button.

JT
Last edit: 30 May 2013 20:29 by BigJohnT.

More
30 May 2013 20:38 #34970 by ddmotim
Thanks! I'll see if I can make this work for me

More
30 May 2013 21:01 #34972 by ddmotim
John, I just tried what you said. If I don't assign a pin for EStop-In, I can assign a pin to EStop-Out, and in Axis, I can toggle that pin on/off with the EStop button. Once I assign the EStop-In pin, EStop-out seems to stop working. I couldn't test estop-latch from the HAL Configurator with Axis running, so I'll try putting that in the HAL file and see if that works. Is input 06 your E-Stop In signal?

More
30 May 2013 22:21 #34977 by BigJohnT
Yes input-06 is my e stop button, notice I had to use the -not as my e stop is correctly a N/C contact but estop_latch expects an input to go high for an external e stop.

JT

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds