EStop Out

More
30 May 2013 22:27 #34978 by ddmotim
Replied by ddmotim on topic EStop Out
So I tried the iocontrol pins first.

In my Hal file I have the following lines (not in this order or in the same location):

net estop-in <= parport.0.pin-15-in
net estop-out <= parport.0.pin-14-out
net estop-in <= iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in
net estop-out <= iocontrol.0.user-enable-out

My external e-stop is on pin 15, and my brakes are on the relay on pin 14.

With these lines in my hal file, my external estop controls the estop in axis, and when I click on the estop button in axis, my brakes turn on or off, but the external e-stop still does not operate the brakes. When I try to link pins 14 and 15 or the two iocontrol pins, I get an error message.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 May 2013 23:16 #34981 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic EStop Out
As for linking the pins it might be a good time to read this very short chapter on how the net command works.

JT

More
31 May 2013 01:27 #34986 by cncbasher
Replied by cncbasher on topic EStop Out

So I tried the iocontrol pins first.

In my Hal file I have the following lines (not in this order or in the same location):

net estop-in <= parport.0.pin-15-in
net estop-out <= parport.0.pin-14-out
net estop-in <= iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in
net estop-out <= iocontrol.0.user-enable-out

My external e-stop is on pin 15, and my brakes are on the relay on pin 14.

With these lines in my hal file, my external estop controls the estop in axis, and when I click on the estop button in axis, my brakes turn on or off, but the external e-stop still does not operate the brakes. When I try to link pins 14 and 15 or the two iocontrol pins, I get an error message.

does the external estop button when pressed give you the estop warning in Axis ?
in the bottom left corner of axis ..

I am presuming by what you are saying that it works correctly from axis , but not from your hardware estop button input
it may be that your input pin from your estop requires inverting depending on how you have it wired , and it should be a normaly closed switch , and opens when estop button is pressed

More
31 May 2013 02:38 - 31 May 2013 02:46 #34990 by ddmotim

As for linking the pins it might be a good time to read this very short chapter on how the net command works.

Please excuse me if my sintax is wrong. I read that earlier, but I copied the format that was already in the Hal file for pin callouts. Would this be more appropriate? (or am I misunderstanding you altogether?) :

net estop-in iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in <=> parport.0.pin-15-in

does the external estop button when pressed give you the estop warning in Axis ?
in the bottom left corner of axis ..

Yes. The external estop button interfaces with Axis correctly. It is inverted. So on its own, my estop-in circuit works. The estop-out circuit also works on its own, but not with the external estop button.

Thanks
Last edit: 31 May 2013 02:46 by ddmotim.

More
31 May 2013 06:46 #35001 by BigJohnT
Replied by BigJohnT on topic EStop Out

Please excuse me if my sintax is wrong. I read that earlier, but I copied the format that was already in the Hal file for pin callouts. Would this be more appropriate? (or am I misunderstanding you altogether?) :

net estop-in iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in <=> parport.0.pin-15-in

I think your misunderstanding me, I was trying to show you how the net command works and that you can only have one pin that sets the value of a signal and you can have many pins that read the value of a signal. which should have been the root of your error. To keep from typing over and over the same information I tend to use links to the applicable place in the manual if possible. This helps new users get familiar with the manual at the same time as solving their problem.

JT
The following user(s) said Thank You: ddmotim

More
31 May 2013 20:56 #35017 by ddmotim
Okay thanks. I don't think I reread my own post before I read your response... :pinch: I think I understand now. I got sidetracked on another project yesterday, so I'll see what I can do with that info now.

More
31 May 2013 22:20 #35032 by ddmotim
Got it figured out. For some reason I couldn't get it out of my head that the logic had to go through Axis. I was forcing it to take an extra step it didn't want to. I linked my brake pin to the external estop in signal, and it does exactly what I want. Thanks for the help!

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds