Syil X7 PLUS Settings

More
12 Mar 2014 18:49 - 12 Mar 2014 18:51 #44733 by leapingfrog
Hi,

I'm new to using Linuxcnc with a X7 PLUS, just got it. I've managed to gain control of the XYZA axis and can set the spindle and all seems well. However I cannot move the machine at normal speeds because i'm struggling to set the parameters correctly. Please could somebody advise upon these settings, they are as follow :

No idea what driver type i should be using since in the manual for the X7 it just says step driver proprietary :sick:

So if i set the driver type as "other" what values should i use for :

Step time (ns)
Step Space (ns)
Direction hold (ns)
Direction Setup (ns)

Then for the x,y,z axis

What should the leadscrew pitch be set too ?

Then finally what should the the driver microstepping be set too ?

Many Thanks I look forward to the day i can mill out that example Tux !!! :woohoo:
Last edit: 12 Mar 2014 18:51 by leapingfrog.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Mar 2014 20:10 #44734 by ArcEye
Replied by ArcEye on topic Syil X7 PLUS Settings
Hi

The Mach xml is available here
www.syilamerica.com/machine_x7plus.php
except it is imperial and I suspect you want metric

The Syil site is awful, all the links are dead or just give 404 errors

As you already have axis and spindle control sorted, we should be able to quite easily reverse engineer your config from those setting

The imperial setting for all axes is 10160, this equates exactly to a SCALE of 400

Zip up your config folder and attach it and I will reset the ini file etc and see how you get on with that

regards

More
12 Mar 2014 20:44 #44735 by leapingfrog
Replied by leapingfrog on topic Syil X7 PLUS Settings
Hi ArcEye,

I've attached the config file. I totally agree that syil should update there site and get those links working.

Yes i got the scale of 400 but it's the rest I'm totally confused about, especially the driver type :S

Thanks for taking a look

File Attachment:

File Name: configs.zip
File Size:11 KB
Attachments:

More
12 Mar 2014 21:00 - 12 Mar 2014 22:56 #44737 by ArcEye
Hi

You don't actually need all that, it is all used to calculate the base thread and scale, which we already know.

You have zipped 2 configs, am I right in guessing the one to use is the XYZA config?

Need to know what your table travels are and where you home

The figures in there suggest
X axis has 420mm travel and homes in the middle
Y axis has 270mm travel and homes at one end (almost)
Z axis has a travel of 400mm and homes sort of in the middle

I have to pop out for a bit, will check a little later and see what I come up with

regards
Last edit: 12 Mar 2014 22:56 by ArcEye.

More
12 Mar 2014 21:42 #44738 by leapingfrog
Hi,

Yes it's the XYZA one :blush:

I did a comparison with the travel parameters from the x7 spec i get

X axis 420mm

Y axis 250mm

Z axis 400mm

I check this again actually moving the machine using the job key pad (manual mode) and found that each axis will travel the full length (values slightly out) until it reaches a physical stopper. I measured

X axis -220 to +220

Y axis -14 to +281

Z axis -255 to +165

I noticed the values on the machine display panel kept increasing even thought the machine was limited by the stopper so perhaps i jogged it a little too much on some of the axis measured :whistle:

More
12 Mar 2014 22:22 #44739 by ArcEye
If that is the travel from the homed position that is fine, if not it needs changing later (it doesn't sound right), I have left that bit as it is.
No idea why they don't fit limits on a £11K machine, good reason why you need the soft limits to be right.

Using stepconf stops here - you will need to manually edit from now on

I have used the timing from my Leadshine drivers powering nema 34 steppers, a guess as to the most likely drivers they would use,
the steppers are too big for any of the TB6xxx drivers

The scale is set to 400 for XYZ and 800 for A
A is a guess, because the config I found is just for a 3 axis machine. It normally would be higher geared, so good place to start

I have upped the base thread to 50000 from the 38000 originally, because I have no idea what that was based upon
The max velocity and acceleration are half the figures in the mach file, so hopefully it will just run and then be down to fine tuning.

The A axis will take a bit of figuring, run it 360 degrees a few times and see how far it actually moves and hopefully we can work out the scaling
from that.
If you have a mach config, which normally they would supply, I can get it from that.

Have a play then we can fine tune

regards
Attachments:

More
13 Mar 2014 18:31 #44756 by leapingfrog
Hi ArcEye,

The machine is working much better now :cheer:

I'm just going through the home stages now, hopefully this will all be sorted by Friday.

Thank you for all your help

More
13 Mar 2014 18:54 #44757 by ArcEye

Hi ArcEye,

The machine is working much better now :cheer:

Glad to hear it

The current config is far from optimal, just a safe one that should work adequately and get the scale for XYZ right.
Once you have everything working come back, because there are a lot of performance tweaks that can be made, subject to testing.

regards

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds