Max Velocity has no effect

More
14 Mar 2014 07:19 #44789 by qzplm6
Hobbiest using EMC 2.4.6 Am in the process of upgrading steppers that I purchase a yesr ago. Want to reset the Max Velocity to a higher velocity for jog and machining. Went into .ini file, modified Max Velocity from 1.2 (default value indicate 12 on default axis display screen) changed to 20. There was no change on the axis default screen( remainded 12). I opened the CNC program after modifing and saving the .ini file. Am I missing a step? According to the manuals the Max Velocity in the .ini is in machine units/sec while the display shows in inches/minute (inches is the default machine unit) so the screen shoud show 72 in/min (1.2 x60), but it does not. The default number upon the original installation of the EMC software was 1.2 fot he Max Velocity in the .ini file. Since I am not using the machine for production the speed was not important to me. All of this was done in the TRAJ section.
Thanx in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Mar 2014 10:46 #44795 by jmelson
Replied by jmelson on topic Max Velocity has no effect

Hobbiest using EMC 2.4.6 Am in the process of upgrading steppers that I purchase a yesr ago. Want to reset the Max Velocity to a higher velocity for jog and machining. Went into .ini file, modified Max Velocity from 1.2 (default value indicate 12 on default axis display screen) changed to 20. There was no change on the axis default screen( remainded 12). I opened the CNC program after modifing and saving the .ini file. Am I missing a step? According to the manuals the Max Velocity in the .ini is in machine units/sec while the display shows in inches/minute (inches is the default machine unit) so the screen shoud show 72 in/min (1.2 x60), but it does not. The default number upon the original installation of the EMC software was 1.2 fot he Max Velocity in the .ini file. Since I am not using the machine for production the speed was not important to me. All of this was done in the TRAJ section.
Thanx in advance.

There are several places the max velocity is set. There is an overall setting in the [TRAJ]
section, and a per-axis setting in each [AXIS-n] section. You need to increase ALL
of these appropriately.

Jon

More
14 Mar 2014 11:32 #44796 by cmorley
Replied by cmorley on topic Max Velocity has no effect
If using the AXIS screen, it has a limit for it's slider (probably what you are talking about)
it's under [DISPLAY]
MAX_LINEAR_VELOCITY=

It is also units/second

Chris M

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds