More Decimal Places in the Default Axis GUI

More
10 Feb 2016 02:45 #69903 by squan09
Have you been able to get this to work? Do you know if you will actually be able to control to that resolution or will it only be an extra decimal on the display?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Feb 2016 18:29 #70005 by BigJohnT

Will this mod give you that precision if you call for it? I have added gear reducers to the ball screw to add precision by 100. I would like to be able to call for it in g code instead of having to remember of dividing what i call for by 100.

Thanks for all your great posts.

The display precision is not the precision used by the software. Numbers may have any number of digits, subject to the limitation on line length. Only about seventeen significant figures will be retained, however (enough for all known applications).

JT

More
28 Apr 2016 16:35 #74008 by cyrut2
I had to rebuild the dressers and other items on the machine now its closer to test. I have some TESA units for reference but i can only get between 40-50 millionths resolution. There is alittle backlash but im not to worried about that now i need to start grinding and testing. I know it does go below 40 millionths but i cannot see or very repeatablity for CP or Cpk.

More
28 Apr 2016 19:38 #74014 by cyrut2
You are right i see that the resolution goes in moves of .000039 inch which comes out to about one step. I havent done micro stepping because i cant afford to loose steps due to torque calculations we are at the limit. Which comes to my next problem.

When i call for a G00 i have a crazy high feed rate which i have set in the steppnc and does not respect. I need to max the feed rate of g00 to about 10in/min. How can i override this.

More
28 Apr 2016 20:50 #74016 by Todd Zuercher
The ini axis settings are in machine units/second. So for an inch machine putting 10 in for the MAX_VELOCITY will give a max speed of 600 in/min. So to get the speeds you want don't forget to divide your inches/minute by 60 when you put your entries in the ini file.

More
29 Apr 2016 11:34 #74049 by andypugh

You are right i see that the resolution goes in moves of .000039 inch which comes out to about one step. I havent done micro stepping because i cant afford to loose steps due to torque calculations we are at the limit

Despite what is often said, microstepping does not reduce motor maximum torque. It does reduce the torque-per-step.
If you are at the torque limit then it is likely that the motor will sit on the full steps anyway, regardless of microstepping.

However, for finishing passes and low loads you might well see an improvement in machine accuracy with higher microstepping.

Time to create page: 0.328 seconds