Multiple Probes?

More
03 Apr 2014 20:59 #45539 by library
Multiple Probes? was created by library
I am building a toolsetting touch probe right now but down the road I would also like to get one of the renishaw type probes as well. I would leave the toolsetter in place for automatic tool length calculations on tool changes and use the renishaw type probe to find corners, centers of circles.

I read through the instructions on setting up a probe but it's unclear whether you could have multiple probes. Is it possible to have two probe inputs?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Apr 2014 22:34 #45541 by DaBit
Replied by DaBit on topic Multiple Probes?
The probe cycle watches changes in the probe input. So you could wire both switches in parallel. Physically by putting them in series (NC contacts) or parallel (NO contacts). Or by using two HAL inputs and connecting them with an AND (active low inputs) or OR (active high inputs).
The following user(s) said Thank You: library

More
04 Apr 2014 02:10 #45548 by library
Replied by library on topic Multiple Probes?
That makes sense. The two probes will never be used simultaneously so I'll just wire them in parallel.

More
04 Apr 2014 17:08 #45559 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Multiple Probes?

That makes sense. The two probes will never be used simultaneously so I'll just wire them in parallel.

Renishaw probes break on contact, so Series would be better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: library

More
05 Apr 2014 01:32 #45567 by library
Replied by library on topic Multiple Probes?
That is good to know. My electronics skills are pretty minimal. The toolsetting probe I'm making is normally closed and the Renishaw probe is also normally closed.

Time to create page: 0.114 seconds