Machine either ignores home or throws joint error

More
05 Sep 2014 00:40 - 05 Sep 2014 00:41 #50780 by Carl Fisher
I've been trying to get my home and limit switches working. So far I'm not having much luck.

My home switch and minimum limit are a single switch and the max limit is a separate switch for both X and Y axis. Z only has a home switch at this time. The switches are wired NC and I've tested my wiring all the way back to the breakout board and they behave as expected. The loop is closed until a single switch is triggered and then the loop is open.

All 3 share the same common and have a single input for X, Y, Z limits.

Z homing works.

If I try to set X and Y to home only, the switches are ignored. After digging through some of the documentation a bit more, this is the current X and Y axis setup in the .ini file. This configuration throws a joint 0 limit switch error and joint 1 limit switch error.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I'm just not finding it.

[AXIS_0]
TYPE = LINEAR
HOME = 0.0
MAX_VELOCITY = 7.0
MAX_ACCELERATION = 60.0
STEPGEN_MAXACCEL = 75.0
SCALE = 254.0
FERROR = 0.05
MIN_FERROR = 0.01
MIN_LIMIT = -0.01
MAX_LIMIT = 11.0
HOME_OFFSET = 0.000000
HOME_SEARCH_VEL = 0.100000
HOME_LATCH_VEL = -0.100000
HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS = YES
HOME_SEQUENCE = 1
HOME_IS_SHARED = 1

[AXIS_1]
TYPE = LINEAR
HOME = 0.0
MAX_VELOCITY = 7.0
MAX_ACCELERATION = 60.0
STEPGEN_MAXACCEL = 75.0
SCALE = 254.0
FERROR = 0.05
MIN_FERROR = 0.01
MIN_LIMIT = -0.01
MAX_LIMIT = 11.0
HOME_OFFSET = 0.000000
HOME_SEARCH_VEL = 0.100000
HOME_LATCH_VEL = -0.100000
HOME_IGNORE_LIMITS = YES
HOME_SEQUENCE = 2
HOME_IS_SHARED = 1
Last edit: 05 Sep 2014 00:41 by Carl Fisher.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Sep 2014 01:10 #50783 by Carl Fisher
A little more information. It appears to be a hardware issue.

Using the HAL meter, I can see the switching of the z-axis switch using axis2.home-sw-in but when I try this for axis 1 or axis 0 it just stays stuck on true. Guess I need to dig into the probotix board and see what is going on. Using a multi-meter I can see the switches are working, it's just not being acknowledge in the configuration on those pins.

More
05 Sep 2014 03:49 #50787 by Carl Fisher
Issue appears to be resolved for now.

It was a combination of pin mis-labeling between the documentation and the board combined with software configuration. I also ended up adding a slight debounce as these limit switches seem a bit touchy.

Homes nicely now and the limits trip as they should.

More
05 Sep 2014 07:54 #50791 by andypugh

I also ended up adding a slight debounce as these limit switches seem a bit touchy.

You can make the limit switch debounce fairly long, even at full speed the machine doesn't move very far in 1mS.

You might want the home debounce to be shorter, just for accuracy.

It is possible to take a limit-switch input to two different debounce modules, one with a short debounce for home, and one with a longer one for limit.

Nuisance-tripping of home is annoying but easy to recover from, you just home again. Nuisance-tripping of limits can ruin your job.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds