Tool change position

More
11 Mar 2016 17:21 #71438 by andypugh
Replied by andypugh on topic Tool change position

I had my machine configured with Z0 at the top of the travel and the table set as Z-13.2, AXIS displays all moves in Z as starting from under the material and I was getting a lot of error messages about exceeding Z min limit.

This is a separate issue related to not having set the offsets of the working coordinate set.

You need to "touch off" the tools and the work so that the machining origin is consistent with the way that the G-code was created.

I now have the issue you mention of my CAD/CAM software issuing a command to plunge the bit into the table (G53 G0 Z0). Can AXIS be configured to display properly when using negative values?

If you have absolute Z=0 at the top of travel then G53 Z0 should be a move to the top of travel. If it is moving downwards instead then perhaps your machine is not homed?
The following user(s) said Thank You: gizmo6023

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Mar 2016 19:11 #71445 by gizmo6023
Replied by gizmo6023 on topic Tool change position
If you have absolute Z=0 at the top of travel then G53 Z0 should be a move to the top of travel. If it is moving downwards instead then perhaps your machine is not homed?[/quote]

I will have to modify my settings to put Z0 back at the top and complete the touch off for tool and material and see if that resolves my problem.

More
22 Mar 2024 13:06 #296540 by xenon-alien
Replied by xenon-alien on topic Tool change position
Hello!

Is it possible to not move the Y axis using the current coordinate? (there is no sense to move the table on the machine)
TOOL_CHANGE_POSITION = 0 0 0 (the simplest way for me)
TOOL_CHANGE_POSITION = 510 #<_yyy.yyyy> 0

Time to create page: 0.133 seconds