Can't clone a axis to follow x axis

More
14 Nov 2014 04:08 #53069 by invntr
I have a 3 axis machine with 4 steppers: x & a, y, z

I have tried a number of configurations but can get all 4 steppers to work independently but can't clone x and a. I have tried setting my pins 8 and 9 to the x axis for a but it does not work. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I have looked at other posts but no luck. Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2014 01:08 #53091 by ArcEye
Hi

Is this a gantry router type machine, but with 2 leadscrews on the X axis, which is the main bed movement mechanism?

There is an example in the sample configs called gantry, which has Y and A linked
/usr/share/linuxcnc/configs/by_interface/parallel_port/gantry or something similar to that
That would be a basis using gantrykins

Otherwise, how you do it depends largely upon whether the motors are both turning the same way at the same time
(in which case you can just set them up identically and feed the same steps and pulses to them)
or if they are at opposite ends of the axis, so both moving in opp rotation and direction

regards

More
15 Nov 2014 11:26 #53102 by invntr
Thank you, I got it working. I used a 3 Axis setup, then set the pins for Axis A to Axis X, then inverted the direction on the Axis. Hope this helps anyone trying to run 4 motors on 3 Axis.

More
24 Nov 2014 02:23 #53326 by hjohnw
Invntr,

I was wondering if you attach the HAL file that you modified and the location. I am currently trying the same setup but can't find the HAL file to modify.

Thanks,
John

Time to create page: 0.072 seconds