Y AXIS Clone with Xylotex BBB_DB25

More
09 Dec 2014 00:56 #53828 by hjohnw
Ok I know I am making this harder than what it is but need a little help here. I am coming from MACH3 and would like to set up a simple configuration with XYZA where Y and A are cloned(A inverted). I have the Xylotex BBB_DB25 going to a break out board which all of the basics are working. (E-Stop, all 4 motors moving)

I would like to keep the Y and A axis on two separate stepper motors and configure the .hal file for A to clone the Y movement. Once linuxcnc is launched, I must move the Y and A axis separately. I read somewhere within the board that for the two axis to move as one I must be in world mode for this to happen but i can't seem to find within the discussion how to toggle this mode.

Here are the things that I tried.

[ ]
Within the Y Axis config added the following trying to bind X and A. (Read from the forum)

setp [PRUCONF](DRIVER).stepgen.01.steppin 0x4E
setp [PRUCONF](DRIVER).stepgen.01.dirpin 0x4F

[ THIS IS FROM THE A AXIS STEPPIN: CHANGED 03 to 00 ]
setp [PRUCONF](DRIVER).stepgen.01.steppin 0x3E
setp [PRUCONF](DRIVER).stepgen.01.dirpin 0x3F

This will just overide the stepgen.01 to allow only A axis movement for Y

[ ]
I tried to use the gantrykins but the Y and A axis still move independently manually. I ran a sample file to see if I could see both the Y and A axis update within Linuxcnc without any power to the drives but never saw any A axis movement within the GUI.

setp gantrykins.joint-0 0
setp gantrykins.joint-1 1
setp gantrykins.joint-2 2
setp gantrykins.joint-3 1

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Dec 2014 01:01 #53829 by PCW
This question is probably best asked on the machinekit google group
I believe there is some new support for pairing axis/pru stepgens there

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds