TB6560 Homing switches not triggering. Go Without?

More
30 Mar 2015 22:31 #57317 by JOguino
tl;dr:
how do i set up the step config so i can home the machine by eye instead of a with a switch?

I'm using a 4 axis TB6560 blue board (got it from ebay) and i got the motors working, but my input switches are not working for the x,y, or z axis.
I have set the inputs to:
pin 10: Home X
pin 11: Home Y
pin 12: Home Z
pin 13: Unused
pin 15: Unused

I've checked the voltages for them and there is a voltage going to the switches.

However, whenever i "Home All", the motors turn just fine, but when i close the switch (or open them, it doesn't matter) the motor does not stop.
When i home X Y or Z individually, the same occurs.

When i home A axis by itself i get the CrossHair and circle symbol next to it (which i assume it means home) and the motor does not move.

Another thing to add, when i set the pins to:
pin 10: X limit (min, max, or with home)
pin 11: Y limit (min, max, or with home)
pin 12: Z limit (min, max, or with home)
pin 13: Unused
pin 15: Unused

i have to invert them, otherwise i can't toggle the machine's power.
I get the error "Joint 0/1/2 on limit switch error".

Question 1: is there a way to check if linuxcnc is receiving the signal from the board?

After reading the documentation, I noticed there is a way to run linuxcnc without homing or limit switches. You can basically home it by eye. It's less accurate, but you can do so.

Question 2: How do you config the stepconf to "Not use any switches"?

i have tried setting the pin 10, 11, and 12 to respective "home X, Y, and Z" and then changing the "Home Search Velocity" to 0, but i receive an error at the end of the configuration:
"Stepconf encountered an error. The following information may be useful in troubleshooting:
(then shows a bunch of files)"

if i change the pins to anything else not involving home, i cannot access/change the "Home Switch Location", "Home Search Velocity" or "Home Latch direction".

if it's important the full pin configuration:
Pin 1: Amp En
Pin 2: X step
Pin 3: X dir
Pin 4: Y step
Pin 5: Y dir
Pin 6: Z step
Pin 7: Z dir
Pin 8: A step
Pin 9: A dir
Pin 10: (stated above)
Pin 11:
Pin 12:
Pin 13:
Pin 14: Spindle CW
Pin 15:
Pin 16: Spindle PWM
Pin 17: Amp EN

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2015 22:59 #57318 by alan_3301
If using stepconf, don't set any pins as home switches, it should take care of the rest.

if editing manually, follow the advice here: linuxcnc.org/docs/html/config/ini_homing.html#_immediate_homing

If you want to diagnose the issue further, use hal-meter and go under pins, find the axis home switch pin, and watch the display to change from true to false when you activate the switch manually.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JOguino

More
31 Mar 2015 07:53 #57333 by andypugh

Question 2: How do you config the stepconf to "Not use any switches"?

You set the home search and latch velocities to zero.

But, as you have the switches, and they seem to work, it is just a bit of config work to use them, so you might as well.

Are you configuring with stepconf?

Have you set up the parport channels to be "limit-home-x" (y, z) ?

Perhaps you have set the pins as limits, but not home?

Time to create page: 0.063 seconds