TN6560 variant - homing issues.

More
28 Apr 2015 23:43 #58196 by dchurch24
hi all,

I recently bought a TB6560 board and 3 Nema-23s. I had a bit of trouble setting up LinuxCNC until I found the sample in the wiki. It didn't work straight "out of the box", and I spent a few hours tinkering to get all three axis working (I will post here once I get it off of the dedicated machine).

I can upload g-code and it will actually cut absolutely fine - it's when the motors want to return to the home position. I can manually move the Y and Z axis using the CNC software, but the X doesn't move.

Clearly, I've got something wrong...but I can't for the life of me work out where.

(will post up files shortly)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2015 00:09 #58198 by andypugh

I can manually move the Y and Z axis using the CNC software, but the X doesn't move.)

Keyboard? Jogwheel? Game controller? MDI? If you tell us how you are moving the axes we may be able to suggest ways for that not to work.

More
29 Apr 2015 02:40 #58206 by dchurch24
Hi, thanks for the reply :-)

I am simply selecting the 'Continuous' mode from the drop down in the LinuxCNC software, selecting the plane (x,y or z) and then pressing the + or - buttons.

More
29 Apr 2015 06:00 #58210 by andypugh

I am simply selecting the 'Continuous' mode from the drop down in the LinuxCNC software, selecting the plane (x,y or z) and then pressing the + or - buttons.

That's particularly strange. As far as I know jogging in Axis has no links in HAL (for example)

More
30 Apr 2015 17:19 #58259 by dchurch24
Here are my config files.

Here's a video of it working with a g-code file (with the x-axis working), and then afterwards with the jog of the Y and Z, but not the X.

Attachments:

More
01 May 2015 18:57 #58291 by andypugh
The video is private.

There isn't much in your TB6560HAL file, when the commented-out lines are removed.
loadrt hal_parport cfg="0x0378"
addf parport.0.read base-thread 1
addf parport.0.write base-thread -1

net Xstep => parport.0.pin-01-out
net Xdir  => parport.0.pin-07-out

net Ystep => parport.0.pin-08-out
net Ydir  => parport.0.pin-03-out

net Zstep => parport.0.pin-05-out
net Zdir  => parport.0.pin-04-out

net dout-00 => parport.0.pin-02-out

net Xen => parport.0.pin-06-out
setp parport.0.pin-01-out-reset 1
setp parport.0.pin-02-out-invert 1
setp parport.0.pin-03-out-invert 1
setp parport.0.pin-05-out-reset 1
setp parport.0.pin-08-out-reset 1
setp parport.0.pin-07-out-reset 1
setp parport.0.pin-04-out-reset 1

net spindle-on motion.spindle-on => parport.0.pin-14-out

net estop-loop iocontrol.0.user-enable-out iocontrol.0.emc-enable-in

net tool-prep-loop iocontrol.0.tool-prepare iocontrol.0.tool-prepared
net tool-change-loop iocontrol.0.tool-change iocontrol.0.tool-changed

There is something fishy about your "reset" lines. You would normally only expect "reset" to be active on "step" pins.You have it active on what appears to be YStep and ZStep but not Xstep. It is also active on Xdir and Zdir.

Is it possible that the problem you are seeing is related to being hard against a soft-limit with an axis that has DIR reset so that it can only jog one direction?

Try only setting "reset" on pins 1, 5 and 8.

"reset" is a function that runs after parport.0.write and resets pins to 0 after step_length time. It allows a step pulse every base-thread rather than every second base thread.
I will point out that your config does not appear to load and configure "reset" so it is entirely possible that the "reset" settings in the HAL file are not doing anything.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dchurch24

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds